PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since I decided to just build the fifty from parts. What do I do about the axles, motor mount bolts, screws for the plastic, etc.

Anyone have a kit, or do I go to honda and drop probly $150.00 for everything?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You could even get the axles from Home Depot if you wanted, but you still need to go thru Honda to get stuff like the little plastic things for the shrouds :idea:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I know man. The Japanese love those things though. They use em on everything. I wouldn't doubt it if they used em on their houses. :lol:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
ive heard if using a small bolt and nut, but those things are the stupedest, no i take that back, one of the stupedest ideas for the stock crf/xr50.

anyone have any good ideas beside the one time use ziptye or goin nuts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you guys take the time to look at the way those plastic pieces work they are actually pretty handy to use... all it takes is a small flat srew driver to take out (approximatly 3 seconds each) and nothing but your fingers to put back in (approximatly 1 second each) no need to dick around with nuts and bolts...or zip ties. have some patience to learn guys.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
You could even get the axles from Home Depot if you wanted, but you still need to go thru Honda to get stuff like the little plastic things for the shrouds :idea:
there metric very hard to find a 12mm X 209mm bolt and there is no way home depot has it i looked every were form them finaly just went to honda

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Maybe Florida Home Depots are better? :roll: Cause I took one in and got one same exact thing :)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
fiftynonuts said:
if you guys take the time to look at the way those plastic pieces work they are actually pretty handy to use... all it takes is a small flat srew driver to take out (approximatly 3 seconds each) and nothing but your fingers to put back in (approximatly 1 second each) no need to dick around with nuts and bolts...or zip ties. have some patience to learn guys.

yea how many times have you taken them off? after a few a screwdriver tears it to shreds!

G

·
i love those black things. i use them on my quad where i can because of ease. they are very simple to use and just take you time and they will last forever. make sure you get the screwdriver all the way in or yes it will mess it up. when it comes to working on my bikes or quads i am always careful. those extra few seconds to take them off more carefully help a lot. maybe you should try it :lol: .

·
Registered
57 Posts
five0addict said:
[quote name='fiftynonuts']if you guys take the time to look at the way those plastic pieces work they are actually pretty handy to use... all it takes is a small flat srew driver to take out (approximatly 3 seconds each) and nothing but your fingers to put back in (approximatly 1 second each) no need to dick around with nuts and bolts...or zip ties. have some patience to learn guys.

yea how many times have you taken them off? after a few a screwdriver tears it to shreds![/quote]

+1. Mine came torn up from the previous owner. If I wanted to do it right, I'd use dzus fasteners. If I wanted to do it cheap, I'd just use zip-ties. How often do you need to take shrouds off anyway?

·
Registered
57 Posts
manwhore said:
[quote name='DirtySouthRacing']You could even get the axles from Home Depot if you wanted, but you still need to go thru Honda to get stuff like the little plastic things for the shrouds :idea:
there metric very hard to find a 12mm X 209mm bolt and there is no way home depot has it i looked every were form them finaly just went to honda[/quote]

According to the guys on stuntlife, you can get the correct size at NAPA stores. If not, just post a WTB ad there. A ton of guys replaces there's with longer axles for BMX pegs and I'm sure they'd sell the stock axles cheap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
manwhore said:
[quote name='DirtySouthRacing']You could even get the axles from Home Depot if you wanted, but you still need to go thru Honda to get stuff like the little plastic things for the shrouds :idea:
there metric very hard to find a 12mm X 209mm bolt and there is no way home depot has it i looked every were form them finaly just went to honda[/quote]

According to the guys on stuntlife, you can get the correct size at NAPA stores. If not, just post a WTB ad there. A ton of guys replaces there's with longer axles for BMX pegs and I'm sure they'd sell the stock axles cheap.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
PAC762 said:
+1. Mine came torn up from the previous owner. If I wanted to do it right, I'd use dzus fasteners. If I wanted to do it cheap, I'd just use zip-ties. How often do you need to take shrouds off anyway?
my bikes a year old now and ive worked on it alot, making mods and adding aftermarket parts. its just added up i guess. will zipties hold it right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
You guys might be taking your plastics off too much. why do you need to take it off so much? you can get to almost anything without taking it off. but it was just a comment that I had, I have had mine off maybe 8-10 times before and the plastic pieces work fine still.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.