PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not good to have parts left over when your done, right? :wink:

Am I right in assuming that this stuff is for the XR70 number plate?

(clamp is on a CRF)

Also, I had to loosen the lowers and pull the fork tubes up about 1 1/2" - 2" so it would fit into the upper clamp, now it seems like I lost travel and the front seems lower now. :?

I don't have the bike here but I will take pics tomorrow for a better explanation.

TIA

· Registered
607 Posts
MulishaSympathizer said:
Also, I had to loosen the lowers and pull the fork tubes up about 1 1/2" - 2" so it would fit into the upper clamp, now it seems like I lost travel and the front seems lower now. :?

man, i dont mean to sound like a smart @$$ but, obviously moving the forks up in the clamps will lower the bike and possibly take away a little travel.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PimpinRacer469 said:
[quote name='MulishaSympathizer']Also, I had to loosen the lowers and pull the fork tubes up about 1 1/2" - 2" so it would fit into the upper clamp, now it seems like I lost travel and the front seems lower now. :?

man, i dont mean to sound like a smart @$$ but, obviously moving the forks up in the clamps will lower the bike and possibly take away a little travel.[/quote]

yeah, I guess I worded that wrong. it lowered the front end and I don't think I have it mounted right

is that better?

· Registered
572 Posts
Jon on my bike i didnt use those extra parts they dont go to any thing atleast thats what i suspected. the forks should just be right at the top even with the clamp. The only thing sticking up on mine is the fork caps.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Yea no worries Jon, that stuff just went to the number plate bracket and the circe one was just a spacer that went under the old stock clamp which you dont need anymore. And you didnt loose any travel just maybe a hint of ground clearnce from sliding the forks up in the clamp. Its no differnt that say sliding forks up in a bigbikes clamp or Sp5's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.