PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
So, I just need to hop up my 70, get the rear shock sorted, learn to race better, and then wander down to a SEMRA race or three (AFTER I get proper catch tanks of course) and see just how fast that 65 really is. : )

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kurlon said:
So, I just need to hop up my 70, get the rear shock sorted, learn to race better, and then wander down to a SEMRA race or three (AFTER I get proper catch tanks of course) and see just how fast that 65 really is. : )
Where do you race Kurlon? I want to try to make an OSB race and a USMGP race this year. Cam

ps, I am a slow, old, tired, washed up road racer.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I based out of Southern Maine. Two years ago we had a series running at Beach Ridge in Scarborough ME, but that didn't continue. Been a few single race events in New England since, and an indoor series on a small kart track, but no big pavement pounding like I'm addicted to now.

My hope is to get something organized for this summer, either at one location, or SEMRA/USMGP style with multiple stops for us Northeners.

Speaking of USMGP, the August race at Mid-Ohio looks like it could be a good one to hit up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem I see with the Mid Ohio race is it is a "side-show" event. I want to go to a "Mini Event" that the only people there love Minis. I am looking at Beaver Run with USMGP or a OSB race in Oklahoma. May not make either one........ Busy.........

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hey Ryan theres some stuff listed on supermotojunkie.com........... might be close enough for you?

I'd agree writing those kinds of articles are a great way for more people to understand what really happens at a mini RR event, I'll be writing a coupla this season as i have done for the last 12 years for our local Motorcycle Zine and local club news letters.

On the Mid-Ohio event i'm going becuase its very close and its an inexpensive way to hang at a big event plus my kids love watching races live... not personally fond of the AMA but its what we have to do. Yeah its a sideshowbob kinda thing but it has helped our region gain some new mini racers.

The Beaverun event in Oct. will be the 2007 mini national to attend with USMGP. There is some promise to having racers from NorthwoodsGP, Semra, Ohioysr and some solo racers that are decently fast.........

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.