PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini gp proto bike ( 12in wheels )

38K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  dirtbkr188 
#1 ·

SO I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH A GUY ON R&D FOR THIS MINI GP BIKE BAISED IN THE US.. WE HAVE BEEN ( OVER THE PAST FEW ROCKY MTN MINIMOTO ROUNDS) WORKING ON THE CHASSIE AND SUSPENTION AND FINE TUNING THE DETAILS SO IT IS GOING TO WORK VERRRRRRRY WELL OUT OF THE BOX. RIGHT NOW WE ARE JUST DEVLOPING THE "ROLLER" AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DEALING WITH A FEW U.S. MOTOR BUILDERS FOR THE POWERPLANT. BUT BASICLY IT TAKES A HORIZONTAL ( HONDA 50 STYLE ) MOTOR. I HAD A 125 4 SPEED MOTOR LAYING AROUND AND THAT IS WHAT IS IN THE BIKE I HAVE AT THE MOMENT, AND ITS A SLOW TURD P.O.S. MOTOR SO I HAVENT RODE IT WITH A 12-14HP MOTOR THAT IS COMPEDITIVE WITH A F2 ( KX65 ) BIKE AND THIS MOTOR IS MAKING AROUND 7-8HP SO I HAVE BEEN RUNNING IT IN THE F1 QUALIFIERS JUST FOR TEST AND TUNE AND TO SEE HOW IT DOES IN A RACE SETTING... BLA BLA BLA LONG STORY SHORT I WANTED TO PUT A FEELER OUT ON THE BIKES, AND SEE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A ROLLER CHASSIE TO TOSS A MOTOR OF CHOICE IN. ( FEW OPTIONS ON PRICE DUE TO SHIPPING FULL CRATED BIKE VS SENDING IN CHUNKS AND BEING PUT TOGETHER BUY BUYER )

$2900-3000 UN ASSEMBLED $3300 ASSEMBLED (SHIPPED)... WERE TRYING TO KEEP COST BELOW A NSF/NSR COST NEW WITH MOTORS ( TYPICAL 140 AHP/TBOLT MOTOR RUNS AROUND 800-1000 BUCKS AND A NSF WAS 4500 NEW ) THE COMPONENTS ON THIS ARE FAR BETTER THAN NSR/NSF STUFF SO THATS WHERE WE ARE AT ... STREET VERSION WILL BE COMPARABLE BUT NOT QUITE AS HIGH END STUFF AS RACE VERSION ... BUT WERE WORKING ON IT TO BE CLOSE IN COST ...

A FEW SPECS ON THE CHASSIE

FULLY ADJT. TRIPPLE CLICKER REAR SHOCK ( SETUP OUT OF BOX FOR 160-200 LBS )
FULLY ADJST. FRONT FORKS ( PRELOAD REBOUND AND COMP)
DUEL FULL FLOATING WAVE FRONT ROTORS W/ RADIAL MOUNT CALIPERS
12X2.5 & 12X2.75 MAG WHEELS
CST SOFT SLICKS
CLIP ONS W/ STANDARD REPLACABLE BARS
AXLE SPOOLS FRONT AND REAR
BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
HYPER PRO STYLE STEERING DAMPER
1098 REPLICA RACE BODYWORK
ROLLER COMES W/ EXHAUST ( UNDER SEAT )

EVERY REPLACEMENT PART IS AVAILABLE ( SPARES AND BODYWORK AND WHAT NOT )

OUR FACTORY HAS BEEN PUMPING OUT PARTS AND WE GOT A HAND FULL OF BIKES READY TO BE PUT TOGETHER ( HERE IN GOOD OL U.S.A BY REAL MECHANICS ) SO THEY WONT BE JANKY LIKE THE CHINA CRAP OUT THERE .

I HAVE RODE THE CRAP OUT OF THIS ONE AND I MUST SAY IM SUPER IMPRESSED ( I ALSO OWN A NSF100 AND A KX65 MINI MOTO AND HAVE RODE EVERYTHING FROM 150R TO KTM65 TO RS125 AND UP TO 600-1000 SUPERBIKES )
THE SUSPENTION IS AWESOME THE GEOMERTY IS NEER PERFECT AND TH ERGOS ARE QUITE A BIT BETTER THAN THE TINY LIL NSF, ITS A LITTLE BIGGER. I WAS JUMPING BACK AND FORTH FROM MY NSF AND IT FELT KINDA CRAMPED COMPAIRED TO THE PROTO AND THE CST SLICKS WERE WAY MORE GRIPPY THAN THE TT92S..

ALL THE PART ARE VERY HIGH QUALITY AND RE-BUILDABLE ( SHOCK FORKS MASTER ECT ) AND WE ARE WORKING ON DIFFERENT SPRING FOR FORKS AND SHOCK ALSO ..

ANY WAY POST UP WHAT YA THINK AND ANY QUESTIONS AND ILL TRY AND ANSWER THEM BEST I CAN ... ( YES THERE IS A STREET VERSION COMING SOON BUT DUE TO E.P.A. AND D.O.T. ISSUES WE ARE CONCENTRATING ON THE RACE KITS FIRST THEN DEVELOPING THE STREET VERSION..

P.S. I CANT SPELL AND MY SPELL CHECK IS NOT WORKIN LOL;)

See less See more
#30 ·
I dont know, sounds like Pitster-Hype to me.

First you say they are made in the US, then you state they are just assembled in the US. You state top-of-the-line rebuildable suspension components, then you say they are actually knock-offs of Ohlins stuff that are still being worked on to be made rebuildable.

Now you are pushing people to get into the hype and get a smokin' deal on the first order.

Maybe I am somewhat wrong, but sounds sort of scam-ish, and there are a ton of scams going on lately.

#32 ·
Hammer is legit - I race mini's here in CO and have seen this bike and been completely 'pantsed' on the track by him riding it with a "turd" motor - he's also a very accomplished big bike racer - on everything from old 2smoke stuff to modern 600/1000 stuff. flat out good racer and passionate about the sport. If anything - trying to test the market interest in this product before going all in and getting sunk - respectable business accumen in todays economy... I am not affiliated with him in this venture - just saying Im acquainted, have laid hands on his prototype and can tell you it aint a scam

now - if he starts to call himself the prince of zimbabwe - who's been unfairly imprisoned and asks for donations to free him - with payback with interest - then it's a scam!!!

#31 ·
I've seen this guy post before, and I don't think he's trying to scam anybody. I believe that he's an enthusiast trying to get a really cool project off the ground. Gotta give him credit for that. I thought about doing something like this, but my version would consist of a space frame that would utilize NSR50/NSF100 components. --L*64

#39 ·
First time seeing this and I'm with Jordo (well except the cash in hand part, LOL!) I would LOVE a street legal version of this. The bike looks proper and proportional. Seems like it would be sweet to have one to ride around town with a 160 motor or larger.

Any updates?!

#41 ·
It seems everyone likes our mini gp bike. im adding some pics for you to take a look at and comment if any. It might be a surprise but this bike are made in China. It had been in R & D for about 8 months and its finally finished and ready to go. It comes with a 155cc (14HP) oil cooled engine, but becasue of EPA issues. it has not been certified for the U.S yet. Street Version wont be availalbe until about mid 2013.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

#44 ·
It seems everyone likes our mini gp bike. im adding some pics for you to take a look at and comment if any. It might be a surprise but this bike are made in China. It had been in R & D for about 8 months and its finally finished and ready to go. It comes with a 155cc (14HP) oil cooled engine, but becasue of EPA issues. it has not been certified for the U.S yet. Street Version wont be availalbe until about mid 2013.
View attachment 106357 View attachment 106358 View attachment 106359 View attachment 106360 View attachment 106361
UUHHH yeah it's been established well over a year ago that this bike is made in China.... Infact i was first to post pics of this bike and in the pics it had the manufacturer's website water marked on them. Last email i got from Hammer213 was that there was gonna be a website setup and plenty of parts support. That's what iv'e been waiting for he also said the bike can be purchased as a roller or complete bike and this was about 8 months ago. He also said that he was working on the forks is this bike ever going to be able to be purchased or never mind i'll just wait to see if i sit out on the tracks or vid on youtube.lol

#45 ·
It looks like you guys have something cool here. BUT!!! Where is Hammer, and where has he been? I thought this was his project?

Now-- I had two Metrakit racers that I had to sell off due to NO PARTS AVAILABILITY. One of them I had a ton of money into too. I understand wanting to build a cool MiniGP bike, but I don't think I'd be a player on this one b/c as with most China stuff-- it's here today and gone tomorrow.

I was/am looking into putting together a racier frame that would hold NSF100/NSR50 running gear, and would run an XR/CRF/NSF engine. It would make more sense to have done that, than to reinvent the wheel with a bike that has a rather low demand already. Then factor in the questionability of the Chinese build quality, and parts supply. As far as I'm concerned, this is a cool bike, but we haven't heard from Hammer about it in months. Doesn't seem like Hammer, or anybody else is really commited to the limited market buyers that this bike would fill.

Not only that-- but absolutely NO research went into the current classes of the stateside MiniGP organizations before the engine layout was decided upon. In the OMRL (my local club), this bike would be F1 only. I can assure you that it would get it's azz handed to it by the 150R's and 150R powered bikes that race in that class.

Final answer? Definitely a cool bike, but not executed very well, and zero input was taken into consideration by the actual riders who would want to buy and race the bike stateside. Little to no communication from Hammer, or anybody else who worked on the project makes for skepticism in my book. --L*64

#46 ·
Personally, I believe there is far more potential for this in the street-legal market rather than the race-only market.

Here in WA, they have just changed the laws so you can take any "offroad use only" bike and convert it for street use. Sell this bike with all the lighting coil, lights and switchgear, and it will be a breeze.

I bet that full-fairing would net me another 10mph top speed...

#47 ·
Not sure about those and when they will hit the shores, but I do know that these mini GPs are in stock at Pitster.

X2 Mini GP Race bike - Pitster Pro

X2 Mini GP Race bike - Pitster Pro

This bike has a vertical engine, a strong running 125 with a five speed trans, not a four speed , this would also make it easy for other similar engine swaps? (crf150r?). Has some nice components , I have ridden one quite a bit and it is a blast. The bike come with a gelcoat finish so painting it custom is much easier. the bikes have minimal electrics, but the engine does have an electric start on the engine, but no battery, would be easy to add as the engine has lighting capabilities.

#48 ·
Not sure about those and when they will hit the shores, but I do know that these mini GPs are in stock at T Bolt USA ONLY (Ha Ha Ha !!)

This bike has a vertical engine, a strong running 125 with a five speed trans, not a four speed , this would also make it easy for other similar engine swaps? (crf150r?). Has some nice components , I have ridden one quite a bit and it is a blast. The bike come with a gelcoat finish so painting it custom is much easier. the bikes have minimal electrics, but the engine does have an electric start on the engine, but no battery, would be easy to add as the engine has lighting capabilities.
This bike is ready to ship
[h=1]X2 Mini GP Race Bike
[TRC-0160][/h]

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle White Motorcycle fairing

#49 ·
I'm new to the site... I saw the beginning and read every single post, waiting to see a website address or the final "roller" package/price. Then to see that the whole point of posting on here for basically "R&D demographics, & opinions", NOTHING was listened to, learned, or followed. It seemed to be a 2 or 3 year waste of everyones time to find out you have what 400 other chinese companies have had for 10+ years... a n overpriced "motorcycle" that is "intended for track or offroad use only"... WOW! And I say that with all due respect, but WOW!? WTF? Seriously, you have probably just lost your life savings, families savings, investor money, & probably your house making yet ANOTHER option for people to look at. The one thing that will probably keep or save 70% of the 400 other makers, is they sell 10 other products, & the parts to go with them. They didn't waste 3+ yrs of "R&D" to make 1 bike, they made 10 cheap throw aways. Some people will fix & mod, some people will beat the snot out of them & throw em away, considering they got their $300 use out of them! Your also asking for 10x that amount, for a non-street legal. Should've done your research where it mattered! I can go and get a BRAND NEW Ninja 250 or CBR 250 for that price, maybe less... definitely comparable price... or go finance a daily driver & race the 250 class on weekend for what? $37/month on a Honda card. Seriously man, no offense, I wish every American with a dream well & hope it works for them, but come on. You posted about EPA 4-5 months ago about a mid year street legal release... its almost May & no updates? Will we get another update in 2 more years from another new user with 2 posts about this bike being their project too? The othe guys right. You tried to reinvent the wheel, but instead of making better curves on a circle, you made a square wheel. It doesn't work! As far as "Hammer" having one & the other guy from the same track knowing him & stuff. That's cool, I get why you stood up for him. But go to any kind of track, antwhere. Someone always has a cool, one off project, or something wild & crazy that we all wish we could have. I have a local guy with a Viper powered Neon for autocross, & he drives it on the street too. That's an awesome sleeper id like. But an SRT4 is a far cry from the viper option. Unfortunately we see & read & get teased with a ton of sh*t we'd LOVE to own/buy, but it usually doesn't work that way. The T-Rex... awesome idea & cool as hell! Price sucks though. Do you see more T-rexs or more home built or Harley/VW trike "kits" instead? I waited years for a street legal quad. I was so sick of the hype & "news updates", that I finally figured out a way to make one "legal" in my state. Now, 7 years later, looks like they finally have one, however its $60k... so its not like you'll be able to buy a street legal Raptor or Banshee anytime soon. Get what I mean? Great idea overall, but terrible execution. Should've listened to the free advice on here, where your customers would be, & stuck to your original idea... a low priced, high quality roller. Hell, you should've litened to your own advice. You stated by selling a cheap full bike with a small motor, it would be ripped out & replaced. If you HAD to produce a running bike, you should've stuck to that. A highly upgradeable, high quality, yet small running motor in the bike, or at least made 3 options, a roller... a 5hp briggs & stratton... & a 160... all having the same motor mounts(50 placement) for easy replacement options. Do yourself a favor. Stop further production now. Find a reputable bike builder/motor guy, & build the existing stock as custom, one-off, limited edition bikes for each buyer to personalize.... then pray you find rich clientel, with kids & more money than brains.... And as Forest would say... "and that's all I gotta say about that...." holy crap, I just wrote a book, huh? Damn

#51 ·
How's the development going on this awesome little racer? When do you think you will be ready to ship bikes? A friend and I are thinking about getting something like this and finding a promising young rider. If it works for all of us, we may move up to bigger bikes and bigger tracks. Look forward to hearing from you.

#52 ·
I wouldn'r be holding my breath awaiting delivery of these bikes anytime soon. All the key players who posted up in this thread appear to be long gone, into the wind...

hammer_213 - last Activity - August 2, 2012
kamper11 - last Activity - August 9, 2012
steve01 - last Activity - January 25, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.