PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i thought my build was almost done until motor problems... So when the bike was stock bore it would rarely start to hit a false neutral from 1st to 2nd gear. This only happened maybe 4 times in 6 hours of riding. So I installed a firepower 143cc kit (yx160 Jug) and everything was clean. I went to go start the bike and it was like the kick starter wasnt catching so i bought a hd clutch kit.... But before i put the clutch kit in i found alot of metal shavings... They arent steel but alumn. Could it be the output shaft? The bottom end is completely stock aswell as the head. What could it be?

·
Registered
551 Posts
the kick start problame is that screw that comes out of the case next to the kickstarter and the metal shavings i have the same thing but i runs fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
that sounds like your output shaft, mine has snapped a few times, and it feels like the kick start wont grab. Don't keep trying to kick it over it will just put more shavings into your motor. You have to split the cases to fix it :/ Get a BBR hd output shaft with the first gear. I have never had a problem with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts