PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators ~ if Im out of line with this post delete it and infract me but last night I was slammed for legit questions and was insulted so I would like answers. I was slammed by Special~K but this morning all post removed and I find it insulting a medina employee can call me a loser and idiot.

Last night I was entertained when I saw a reply to a post I made in retort to a few of the Medina guys saying I have no right asking about there workmanship on there products.

That said I question your bike because the metal stock and welds quality looked nothing more then something a home builder did using Home Depot grade stock. I go to buy metal 1 time a week from a major metal distribution center and metallurgy in my builds is #1 priority as life hangs in the line.

Special~K just because you had ACL surgery doesnt mean you get a wide open pass to bomb me for the questions. Any person in their right mind would ask those questions if it was on the showroom floor except a person who trust it because it is for sale and hopes the company is legit.

You also said the design was to show China what you want done. Bottom line I did business with China Manufacturing for 9 years and still have a hall pass to use it when ever I want. If you do not give them exact instructions. Meaning a program for the design then it will look exactly like what you did. You then when its time to produce your product have to get a company Gestapo to stand there and make sure the run is correct to guarantee it comes out the way you want. They get it wrong every time otherwise. Hence the market flood of cheapo 50 stuff in the 2006-09 era you could buy in road corners.

In your rant Special~K you also blurted you were not going to weld the 60 bikes you guys have coming over so knowing how many bikes you ordered I could also say the bike you guys are having made already exists you just wanted them to match it up to what you want. Only time pictures work with china.

I asked questions merely to put my mind at easy as I would hate to see anyone claiming things and they dont have math done to show where the leverage ratios are for the shock. You can put a shock on any 2 mounting points but unless you did the math it is a guessing game if it is will work with the application. There isnt a company that will make shocks for 60 bikes in this market unless it is custom made and that will be expensive if they can do it at all.

Bob no offense but if people ask legit questions and your boys are slamming them why dont you speak up and answer them like a owner of a company instead of letting your Special~K blast potential customers for really asking important questions.

When I asked the questions the 1st time I got blasted by them when all he ever had to do is just say it was for mock up purposes but he claimed all the workmanship in your name and you said nothing about it. That led me to believe you guys are really putting it out like that.

You deleted this question so Im going to ask it again what does the "working men" of Medina do for a living when not occasionally selling pitbikes on PM?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Supporters can get away with nearly anything on most forums, including this one. Money talks. Sad, but true.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Someone needs to fill out a hurt feelings report :D. A bit dramatic huh buddy? The words "stupid" or "looser" were not anywhere in my posts...so try again on that one. As for your "once a week" trip to the "metal distribution centers" and your profound experience with China....seems like you've been there and done it all. So why not go do your own thing...and stop creating trash like this on the board? As for the 60 bikes comment....would you rather I said 160? 30? 15? 723???? That's not my end of the business...so i don't wouldn't know the correct numbers. I was simply stating (or "blurting"....whatever you prefer ;)) a point that the production bikes will not be welded by me, and that THAT bike was a mock up. (Wow....I cant get over how dramatic you are dude).

If you were indeed looking for a "piece of mind" or asking legitimate questions that would have been one thing....but your not. You have done nothing but stir up trouble with each of your posts...and its pretty clear (even more so now) what your intentions are. I will ask you...ONE MORE TIME....to give it a break man. We are just trying to produce a dependable, race ready bike at an affordable price that will bring our faithful customers much joy at the races,track, or in backyards. If you don't like what we have...ITS COOL.....no biggie. But that doesn't give you a right to start trash like this and discredit our hard work.

And for your last useless question that makes no difference in the quality of bikes that we produce...ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
And in my personal defense... my "metal stock and welds quality looked nothing more then something a home builder did using Home Depot grade stock" has held up just fine lap, after lap, after lap, AFTER LAP, AFTER LAP of hard 60ft+ landings such as this one....

So don't bash my craftsmanship or work ethic either...ok cupcake? I am done replying to pointless dramatic posts....Special~K has left the building...(or at least this thread ;))

·
Banned
1 Posts
Kenny's a talented R&D rider that can give valid feedback on design changes, and decent fabricator. His engineering is sound, even if his welds won't fly at the nuclear plant. Wait until the bikes exist, to trash them, and until you've spoke to Kenny to judge him:rolleyes:

Any body in the business who doesn't have an additional source of income, be it a day job or rich in-law, is probably charging too much;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
firepower354 said:
Kenny's a talented R&D rider that can give valid feedback on design changes, and decent fabricator. His engineering is sound, even if his welds won't fly at the nuclear plant. Wait until the bikes exist, to trash them, and until you've spoke to Kenny to judge him:rolleyes:

Any body in the business who doesn't have an additional source of income, be it a day job or rich in-law, is probably charging too much;)

Terry this was directed specifically at the Medina crowd due to their Special~k post last night that was deleted along with this rebuttal. He thought it was a good idea to type some smack so I had a rebuttal. They deleted it so here it is just for them.

They do have one dude working for them that agreed the fab pictures never were suppose to be posted and it was a bad move that covered it for me but they have the rest of the crew running there key boards so I responded to the attack.

In no where did I attack anyone in my post I just responded to what nonsense their boy posted up.

Terry my condolences to your family on your loss.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
firepower354 said:
My wife, whose special needs sister died of complications of her disease, though it was friggin' hilarious, too. Or not...
We have all lost family members and nothing personal about my comments.

Just being a Special a hole.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Special~K said:
Someone needs to fill out a hurt feelings report :D. A bit dramatic huh buddy? The words "stupid" or "looser" were not anywhere in my posts...so try again on that one. As for your "once a week" trip to the "metal distribution centers" and your profound experience with China....seems like you've been there and done it all. So why not go do your own thing...and stop creating trash like this on the board? As for the 60 bikes comment....would you rather I said 160? 30? 15? 723???? That's not my end of the business...so i don't wouldn't know the correct numbers. I was simply stating (or "blurting"....whatever you prefer ;)) a point that the production bikes will not be welded by me, and that THAT bike was a mock up. (Wow....I cant get over how dramatic you are dude).

If you were indeed looking for a "piece of mind" or asking legitimate questions that would have been one thing....but your not. You have done nothing but stir up trouble with each of your posts...and its pretty clear (even more so now) what your intentions are. I will ask you...ONE MORE TIME....to give it a break man. We are just trying to produce a dependable, race ready bike at an affordable price that will bring our faithful customers much joy at the races,track, or in backyards. If you don't like what we have...ITS COOL.....no biggie. But that doesn't give you a right to start trash like this and discredit our hard work.

And for your last useless question that makes no difference in the quality of bikes that we produce...ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ;)

They were questions your the one that turned into a issue. When you post and you make claims, when someone asks a question you give a answer. You made a claim I asked a question and you didnt know the answer so you got irritated with me and thats how this started.

Like I tell people who work for and with me your not a know it all or expected to be but dont give a answer unless you know for sure. Its better to say I dont know the answer then to rip a potential customer for a legit question.

My employee would be dealt with but I also pay my guys to follow my expectations so.....

I hope you sell all your bikes my questions were merely to give you some free advice because I know alot about ratios and leverages but hot heads never ask questions or take advice so .......

I been paid well over the years for advice in many industries including yours.

Enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts