PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Pitster Fat tire with the GPX 110 and want to be proactive before beating on it in the dunes in a few weeks.

I have a finned oil cooler and an aluminum cylinder on the way. (not sure if the extra compression off sets any extra cooling the aluminum cylinder provides)

Are there larger side covers or tricks to get extra oil or cooling on these engines?

And does anyone know what the normal/max operating temps are on these?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My experience an oil cooler will help and i think if you replace the oil before you go, dipstick will have a level indicator or small side window on the case. If your dune riding be careful not to hold it wide open for too long. China pitbikes need valves adjusted often too, once every 10 hours of riding and change oil every 10 hours of riding. I would say fresh non ethanol fuel, new plug if its dirty and fresh oil,maybe run a thicker oil if it is going to real hot, run 20w50 if your in the 90+ temp range as my manual recommends

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting about the oil weight. The air temps will most likely be 50-70. But the engine temp will be much higher do to the higher rpms and wheel spin. Have me researching if the thicker oil would keep it any cooler now. I am also thinking about mounting a fan on a switch to blow down onto the head and cylinder. (more air flow for when i'm not moving)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like i'll be sticking to GN4 10-40w.

" If it makes you feel safer, run a bit thicker oil but with thicker oil, comes increased engine wear at cooler temperatures and increased heat into the oil through more friction and less flow (flow and pressure are inverse, as you increase pressure, you decrease flow). "

1 - 5 of 5 Posts