PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
actually, they only have half an inch more travel, but you wont even notice the difference in that half an inch. They are both about even in performance, its either which one u think looks better, can get for a better price, or if you want MX or BMX handlebar setup.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
price wise, the shivers are cheaper

performance wise, they both ROCK

my opinion is go with what you want as far as a BMX or MX handlebar setup, and look at how far your gonna go with your motor. i have an 88 and think that the shivers 160mm rotor is plenty. where as if your running a stroker motor or a big bad 124 cc motor....the sr6s 190mm rotor would be more braking power. i rode the sr6s on a 88 kit and almost flew over the bars when i hit the brake.

take your pick as the differences are minimal.

BMX or MX?

160mm or 190mm rotor?

$1500 or $1700?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
These guys are on eBay and I don't even know how I came across them because they don't auction anything, but they got some good prices on stuff and I think right now it's all 10% off, but you'd better email and double check. They are out of So Cal so anyone living close may get to pick stuff up, but I'm not sure.

http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Sports-Factory_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

On the left of that page is an XR50 icon you can hit and it'll bring up all their 50 stuff

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Well, if you want to pay at least $65.00 more then go right ahead, but with 10% off and free shipping it's only about $1295.00. Ron's going to charge for shipping too I bet. It's worth checking out. Just trying to save people money, you don't have to use it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
the SR6's have two springs in each fork leg (like a big bike)so you can have a medium spring for the first 3" of travel and a very stiff spring for the last 3" of travel the Marz just have one spring per fork leg other than that they are some what the same but i have gone with the SR6's never had a problem yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.