PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets discuss the points awarded at Marshfield:

It came to my attention that 25 points, awarded to everyone who entered, would basically keep anyone else from having a fighting chance in the series, and therefore they might not race at all this year. That is not the point of the series, nor the reason to give everyone who showed up points.

Also - some of the classes had up to 25 people in the class. Since we only take 18 to the main, some of you would have left with no points at all. So since we havent awarded anything yet, and we are doing it equally across the board, we have come up with a better solution:

Everyone who registered for round 1 (before registration closed and before I made the announcement) will get 10 points each. 10 points offers everyone a nice leg up on the competition, but doesnt eliminate anyone from a championship over the next few rounds. The best riders will still rise to the top - with or without the 10 point lead. But it does say to everyone who came out - thank you, your day was not wasted.

So if you signed up for yesterday, you start the season off with 10 points, if you didnt make it yesterday, you are not out of a championship by a long shot.

Thank you

davo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ten points...that's it? My truck got dirty for that? Ha-Ha. Good call well thought out decision, keeps everyone in the game. Hope to see everyone in Milford. Let's keep the series strong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok sounds fair i guess, but does milford have an open practice? I just watched the video of the 09 race there with jay healy riding the track looks like fun. I looked on there website and it doesn't say much at all. figured i might get a faster response on here...thanks -Ryan

·
Registered
145 Posts
ten points is fine with me, is that like third place, wich is logicly what anyone would have to make up to come back at the championship after missing a race anyway

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
97dodgectd said:
ok sounds fair i guess, but does milford have an open practice? I just watched the video of the 09 race there with jay healy riding the track looks like fun. I looked on there website and it doesn't say much at all. figured i might get a faster response on here...thanks -Ryan

milford is a private track - you have to be a member to ride there and that is what is cool about having a race there - it is special.

I have been a member there for almost 10 years and I can tell you they do NOT let anyone else ride there unless they are a member and there is a 2 year waiting list to get it.

This track is worth it - ask anyone who went last year - super fun on a big bike and amazing on a pit bike

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Dave said:
ten points is fine with me, is that like third place, wich is logicly what anyone would have to make up to come back at the championship after missing a race anyway

dude - not only is your spelling horrible but you cant add either...

10 points is 11th place (which is way better than you would have gotten, believe me. we have all seen you ride)

love you man

·
Registered
738 Posts
Your MoM said:
milford is a private track - you have to be a member to ride there and that is what is cool about having a race there - it is special.

I have been a member there for almost 10 years and I can tell you they do NOT let anyone else ride there unless they are a member and there is a 2 year waiting list to get it.

Whoa! Seriously? Not to jack your thread, but this has piqued my interest. How many members? Why would they keep it private? What's the cost to join, etc.? Just curious....this sounds wild. Once again, sorry to jack the thread.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your MoM said:

This track is worth it - ask anyone who went last year - super fun on a big bike and amazing on a pit bike

sweeeeeet :rolleyes: looks like i'll have to continue building my own track to ride and riding my friends house, maybe ill hit up rocky hill when its not soaked since its only 10-15 mins away.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crwclev said:
Whoa! Seriously? Not to jack your thread, but this has piqued my interest. How many members? Why would they keep it private? What's the cost to join, etc.? Just curious....this sounds wild. Once again, sorry to jack the thread.

no worries

private because they can

250 members

$150 for the year - for the whole family

open 364 days per year (closed easter sunday)

open till 10pm 7 days a week

it is insane

but like i said - there is a 2 year wait list

so if you want to ride it, and you are not a member - you better come race with MoM sat 9/18

·
Registered
738 Posts
^^^That is impressive...and a pretty gutsy move, in my opinion. However, I guess keeping the number of riders limited would make it easier for the track owner to keep riding conditions at top notch levels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your MoM said:
no worries

private because they can

250 members

$150 for the year - for the whole family

open 364 days per year (closed easter sunday)

open till 10pm 7 days a week

it is insane

but like i said - there is a 2 year wait list

so if you want to ride it, and you are not a member - you better come race with MoM sat 9/18
hey i signed up for Milford about either last summer or two summers ago. I haven't even got a call form them. is there even a waiting list? if so could check to see where my name is at because I'm done playing gran ass with them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
crf150r127 said:
hey i signed up for Milford about either last summer or two summers ago. I haven't even got a call form them. is there even a waiting list? if so could check to see where my name is at because I'm done playing gran ass with them.

they take in new members one per year - in july so i dont know what to tell you honestly - i am not on the membership comity

sorry - come race with us and ask them when you are there on the 18th - everyone will be there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your MoM said:
they take in new members one per year - in july so i dont know what to tell you honestly - i am not on the membership comity

sorry - come race with us and ask them when you are there on the 18th - everyone will be there
Ok thanks for the info. i guess i have to talk to them on race day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts