PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a panterra 72cc,with an e22 head,now running a 88cc DRATV big bore kit.

ive got a SDG Exhaust,PZ19 Carb,air filter,and nothing else really.

i want to try and get as much power as i can out of this for very little money.

whats your suggestions?

i was thinking about sending the head to [email protected] and having it ported and polished,but im not sure if i have enough money.

ive heard a myth that using a dremel to your stator plate bolt holes with allow you to advance,retard the timing,i dont like screwing with timing,so i havent messed with it.

i was also told try getting a high rev CDI box.

any suggestions,advice,id like to hear it.

Thanks

-Kenny

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that,i just dont want to be spending like 600 every 6 months,id rather just do some little things here and there to get it going quicker,im no stranger to mechanicals,i can take engines apart,i work on cars for a living(older vw's,rabbit gti's,golfs,jettas,sciroccos(owned 2),so im quite used to the mechanical side of engine work,but these engines are very user friendly to me.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
as firepower asked is that the right piston for the particular head you have. if it isnt that be the first place to start is get the right one. AHP mark does really good work, while its there id buy a G2 cam from him to and that will really wake up your 88.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
That piston should be fine, dome looks close to our 52.4mm pistons that I use on the 23/20mm heads. I second getting the Crower cam, it really helps and the cams have come down in price over the last few months (only $49 now.) If you do decide on the head work either through us or someone else, that is going to really help your power delivery throughout the entire RPM range as well.

Here is the cam for you to look at - Ahp Minis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.