PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a real bad time trying to get my 09 MotoVert running right...It seemed ok when I started it up originally for the first time last night, but its not...

It has a Mikuni carb on it, and I had to unscrew the fuel screw 3 turns and move the clip 1 up from the bottom (way rich) to even be able to ride it ( and it stills runs horribly)...:(

Every time I turn the thing on it appears to be idling fine, then slowly very gradually the Rpm's start to drop and the thing will die....every time no matter what I do. If I rev it the rps come up and hang for a bit, and then slowly but surely drop. Im thinking I have a bad carb, I opened it up and the jets are clean??? so frusterating

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
soulrider911 said:
I am having a real bad time trying to get my 09 MotoVert running right...It seemed ok when I started it up originally for the first time last night, but its not...

It has a Mikuni carb on it, and I had to unscrew the fuel screw 3 turns and move the clip 1 up from the bottom (way rich) to even be able to ride it ( and it stills runs horribly)...:(

Every time I turn the thing on it appears to be idling fine, then slowly very gradually the Rpm's start to drop and the thing will die....every time no matter what I do. If I rev it the rps come up and hang for a bit, and then slowly but surely drop. Im thinking I have a bad carb, I opened it up and the jets are clean??? so frusterating

Is it the stock chinese Mikuni carb? If so they are a nightmare.. if its a genuine VM26 then post up what jets your running now to begin with.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Another check to do is make sure your throttle cable is not in a bind somewhere, if it is you will experience the problem you are talking about, the throttle cable is stuck or catching somewhere and as you let the bike sit there the vibration gradually vibrates the cable relax and thus your idol dieing, take off the air filter and watch the drum to see if it's seating all the way or if after you start it, it relaxes and seats down a bit more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.