PlanetMinis Forums banner

M4SX Ride Day

10K views 136 replies 29 participants last post by  Brent878 
#1 ·
OK - THIS IS GONNA BE HUGE!!! (HENCE THE ALL UPPER CASE TYPE)

THERE IS GONNA BE A RIDE DAY AT COMPETITIVE EDGE MX PARK IN HESPERIA, CA. ON SUNDAY, APRIL 9TH. THE WEEK BEFORE THE DEL MAR MINI SX SERIES.

The Ride Day is being hosted by Competitive Edge MX Park, Empire Destructive Wear, Planet Minis, & Randy's Cabinet Co.!!!

These guys have all stepped up huge. You are going to get a chance to ride the newest sickest track that will be set up for the opening round of Del Mar Mini SX Series & Mini FMX Championship Series.

It only gets better: Competitive Edge has made it so everyone there for the ride day will get in to ride for only $10. Ant to top it off our other hosting sponsors are paying for the first 100 people to have free BBQ!!!!

Don't worry if you sleep in though, cause after the first hundred, it will only be $5 to get the in on the grub. This is the Shizzel Yo! Worst case scenario $15 to ride all day at an insane track and grub on some good eatin.

About the track:

Ken and the Jeffs at Competitive Edge MX Park have designed a pretty large track that combines SX, TT, and good 'ol Outdoor style riding in one. These guys are even cutting some custom spectator platforms in the hills sitting over and next to the track/course. It is going to be insane and you are going to want to be a part of it.

I am sure SanoWill (Photographer Extraordinaire) will be taking gazillion shots and be coming up with a gazillion of the best photos we've ever seen ("We're not worthy, we're not worthy) - Thanks in advance Will.

So once again it is gonna be insane. See you there!

See less See more
#130 ·
jigracing said:
We went. I was actually dissapointed in the facility. The mini track seemed to be just put in a place they could't use for anything else, and the other track we got to ride on was so weak. The mini track is pretty technical and has some difficult whoops. I didn't like it. But I also didn't get too much time on it. I ran one lap and got off. There where too many people on it. Oh well at least it was only 10 bucks. Hopefully they will make it better.

Yeah the track wasn't ideal for my 88 kit but it was fun nonetheless. I think they were taking opinions all day seeing what people said about the track and maybe they will change it up a bit for the race next weekend. It was very crowded at some points. I'm glad they split the midsize bikes up with the 50s, :D right Joe? Also it was a good opportunity to get some practice in for the 1st round next weekend.

#131 ·
I sucked it up today. I hadn't ridden my 110 in about 4-5 months and it showed. I finally got out on the track and my second lap in ate it. Gave myself a major charlie horse. I could barely get my bike kicked over after that. The track looked real good, but I was so uncomfortable on my bike I couldn't do crap.

#132 ·
My 88 got quite the work out today. I destroyed my rear wheel(stock), I broke 10 spokes and bent all the rest. That rythem section was way fun. The only thing I wish I had was more rear tire and a little bit more power combined with less broken parts. All in all I had alot of fun, met some cool new people and got to ride with some really good riders.

#133 ·
sanowill said:
Yeah the track wasn't ideal for my 88 kit but it was fun nonetheless. I think they were taking opinions all day seeing what people said about the track and maybe they will change it up a bit for the race next weekend. It was very crowded at some points. I'm glad they split the midsize bikes up with the 50s, :D right Joe? Also it was a good opportunity to get some practice in for the 1st round next weekend.

Yah, this Ride Day was had multiple purposes: practice for all, good times, working the track in, and finding needed changes for the first round next Saturday.

It was totaly packed, and there were a couple times it was a little conjested to say the least. We did mix it up a bit and split the practices, and even had some guys slippin into other practices (which is to be expected). Over all for havin as many people there as were wanting to ride the main track, I think it went pretty darn well.

With the completely separate motos during the races, it is always a different scenario, but when it is a Ride Day/Practice for a upcoming race, you never know what to expect. I saw all kinds of people riding the Pee-Wee track to cut the down time, and while it was a samller track, it looked like they were having fun.

Not bad for a day like that with lunch included for $10:cool:

#134 ·
MXfitty245 said:
My 88 got quite the work out today. I destroyed my rear wheel(stock), I broke 10 spokes and bent all the rest. That rythem section was way fun. The only thing I wish I had was more rear tire and a little bit more power combined with less broken parts. All in all I had alot of fun, met some cool new people and got to ride with some really good riders.

Sorry to hear about the broken parts - it happens though.I am glad you had fun though cuz thats what it's all about.

#135 ·
With some minor changes and maybe some practice I could get that track down. As it was today it is over my ability. I went out there on my first lap and guys were FLYING by me. I thought I am just a big accident waiting to happen out here so I bailed. I really want that track to be something I can ride on cuz it's the closest one to my house besides Glen Helen and there's no mini track there. So we'll be back to see if it gets better.

Great job on the ride day though guys!:D:D:D:D

I was going to come up and say hey to you guys but you looked pretty busy. I was up on the hill just before the BBQ was passed out. Anyway, I'll see you guys at at the first round.

#137 ·
ya the ride day was cool. I missed lunch :( I was thier but working on my bike and my cousin's bike. I figured getting the bikes dialed in was alittle more important than eating, hehe. I found the track to be alot harder than I was expecting, and since I had a hang over I didn't get the courage to fully clear the whoops section but got the rest of the track "rideable". I still wasn't fast but I was clearing enough not to have anyone run into the back of me, hehe.

I got to meet MXfitty245 which was cool. Glad he recognized my bike or I woudln't have met anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.