PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a klx110. It is time to upgrade the motor.

I want something that will be reliable and wont burn the clutch up. Looking for good horsepower too. I really want to wake the engine up.

What hp could I expect from a 143 with cam and carb.

Also a 143 racehead kit?

Thanks!

P.S. How reliable are the output shafts in stock motor form with kickstarting it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
anything 134cc or above will need hd clutch springs, but their cheap and easy to install. tb 134 or 143 is the best bang for the buck. you can even find some good used kits for under $100. i've got a takegawa 134 w/cam that i'm selling for $50

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
id go with the 134 w race head etc.. it still has all the power i need.. thats what i have and i rail people on 143 etc.. it doesnt have the torque as 143 and all them but a clutch can fix that problem.. 134 will be most reliabel

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
ya i got a hydro that helps alot... but the springs are only like twnty bucks and it helps so ur clutch wont slip and ull be getting all the power.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should I buy a service manual? I have no clue how to work on these top ends and clutches. I have built many 50 engines though. One thing I can't figure out is how the cam chain tensioner works on these since it's on the top of the cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.