PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired an NSR50 in the states with a street title and I have a nicely built XR100 motor with BBR 120cc kit and Barnett clutch ready and waiting to install. From my research it looks like “Team Quazzy Moto” was making a mount kit for this swap that made it bolt in. But I can’t find any contact info for them now.

If anyone has a kit, or has any info on how I could get ahold of one that’d be awesome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Side note, I’ll be selling the stock engine out of it if I can get this swap done.

also side note, I need a front fender for an NSR50 if anyone has one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone finds this thread and is curious how it ends. I was able to get in touch with the maker of the kits. I found his info on the Facebook page Team Quazzymoto. Gave Brian Conrad a call and he is making me a kit now!

·
Administrator
11,141 Posts
If anyone finds this thread and is curious how it ends. I was able to get in touch with the maker of the kits. I found his info on the Facebook page Team Quazzymoto. Gave Brian Conrad a call and he is making me a kit now!
Cool,keep us updated on the progress.. (y)
tmas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might acquire a non-running NSR50 within the next month, and am interested in your engine. Is it in good working order? Also, where are you located? Lastly, price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might acquire a non-running NSR50 within the next month, and am interested in your engine. Is it in good working order? Also, where are you located? Lastly, price?

Thanks.

I actually ended up selling my bike before doing the swap. That being said I still have the XR100 motor swap mount kit by Quazzimoto AND a built XR100 motor with 120cc BBR kit (piston, jug, cam, new valves/ springs) and Barnett Dirt Digger clutch with HD springs. It has powder coated black engine and valve covers, polished cases and a stator wound by Rick's Moto Electric with output for lights without a battery. The whole lump has one test ride on it.

I would sell this engine, with the mount kit and electrical components needed to run it for $1,000 if interested. We'd have to work out shipping, I'm located in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

·
Administrator
11,141 Posts
I would sell this engine, with the mount kit and electrical components needed to run it for $1,000 if interested. We'd have to work out shipping, I'm located in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
if you are selling the engine you must post your contact information or the post will be removed.
tmas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.

Fayetteville actually wouldn't be too far out of my way. I'm taking a road trip from TX to WI and back within the next month. If I end up getting the NSR50, I could make the short detour and pick it up on the way back.

This has all come together quickly, so I still need to convince my better half that both purchases make sense. I'll let you know one way or the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

Fayetteville actually wouldn't be too far out of my way. I'm taking a road trip from TX to WI and back within the next month. If I end up getting the NSR50, I could make the short detour and pick it up on the way back.

This has all come together quickly, so I still need to convince my better half that both purchases make sense. I'll let you know one way or the other.

Sounds good, you've got my number so if you decide to do it let me know. I'll need a few day's lead time to get the motor pulled out of the build it was built for (never quite finished it). I like to travel around so depending on the timing I could possibly meet you somewhere that is more on your way. Like Dallas, Kansas City, St. Louis, I like visiting the bigger cities around me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will do. My normal route is through Dallas and Kansas city, so it could work. I found what I assume to be your website based upon your email address. Looks like you do restorations and builds, so I'll throw something out there.

I have a '96 GSXR 750 project bike that I've owned for years, but has been parked for some time and isn't in running condition. It's mostly stock and is whole, but will need to be gone though. Any interest in exploring a trade arrangement? I'm planning to part it out, but haven't gotten there yet. The TX title is free, clear, in hand and in my name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do. My normal route is through Dallas and Kansas city, so it could work. I found what I assume to be your website based upon your email address. Looks like you do restorations and builds, so I'll throw something out there.

I have a '96 GSXR 750 project bike that I've owned for years, but has been parked for some time and isn't in running condition. It's mostly stock and is whole, but will need to be gone though. Any interest in exploring a trade arrangement? I'm planning to part it out, but haven't gotten there yet. The TX title is free, clear, in hand and in my name.
Interesting! yes I run One-Up Moto, and I've recently been enjoying restoring vintage sport bikes. 1996 (SRAD correct?) is getting a little modern for my current taste but I would definitely like to see some pics and very likely would do that swap. You can text or email me pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it is an SRAD -- the first year of the significant redesign for that era. I'll switch over to email to continue the conversation. Look for one from me shortly.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Brian Conrad makes the engine brackets. Hit him up via OMRL racing page. He may go by Fireman343 on there. I have a fiberglass front fender if you're interested. --L*64

1 - 15 of 15 Posts