PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and merry christmas. Just need some information. I found this advertising poster for a Honda Dax ST50 and I would like to know what year it belongs to and what country it was sold in. The colors remind me a lot of the 1978 Honda Z50A. Could it be the 1978 model? thank you
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
That ST50 would have sold for about $1,000 USD back then. ST70 more and much more desirable. I have a couple of Dax. Early ones. I'd say that might be 77-78? Odd that it has the crash guard. That was USA only. Front fender looks China.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Never knew there were st's in the states, I thought they were all ct70's.

According to the parts lists of the japanese st50k1-k4 they all have those low fender front forks and the engine guard. (parts lists can be found on cmsnl)
(Japanese text, japanese price. Japanese 50s, all single seaters by law. It screams japan...)

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Never knew there were st's in the states, I thought they were all ct70's.

According to the parts lists of the japanese st50k1-k4 they all have those low fender front forks and the engine guard. (parts lists can be found on cmsnl)
(Japanese text, japanese price. Japanese 50s, all single seaters by law. It screams japan...)
Dax never came to the USA. Most arrived with soldiers after the Vietnam War. Had them sent thru the military. Bought my White Dax from a Marine who sent it home. His kids ride the hell out of it. I got in 2003. She was tired. 🤣

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks like 78 model, they had 3 colors, a 4 speed manual deluxe model and a 3 speed auto clutch, you can see that at this link:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts