PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need some info. on a fully automatic horizontal monkeybike engine 125 or bigger that i will use on my gyro trike. i have 2 spare monkey engines now with manule clutch. can i convert these to be fully automatic and what will i need to change???

thank you

Dave

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Define 'fully auto'. There are 'semi' auto motors out there that require the rider to initiate gear changes, but not deal with the clutch. There are a couple 2 speed fully autos out there, but I think they're 50cc and won't hold up to much modding.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a Chinese quad with an auto tranny but the bottom end is MASSIVE. If the Gyro mounts are anything like a normal 50 mount you would have to fab for sure. Cool ideal and I have always wanted a Gyro.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
RySem said:
Gyro uses the little honda spree type engine. The little 49cc 2stroke deal. It's probably gonna take some ingenuity, but would be badass if done!

It'll take A LOT of ingenuity to make one of these motors work in a Gyro. Good idea though if you can pull it off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.