PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who sells just the head kit to upgrade from the Tak. 88 s stage bore kit. I got the 20mm carb and cam already. I saw that sik50s was selling upgrades but they include a cam which I don't think I need. And who sells stoker cranks by them selfs. I have asked all this before but never got any replies.?? Dpm was suppose to check on some prices but I guess he forgot or something.

Thanks

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Heads, Cranks, Ect.

Hey scott,

I have the SIK50's set up on my ride. I have the Ultra head it came

with a cam of my choice, a popup piston "dome piston" rings and a top end gasket kit for $495.00 My bike flat out RIPS..... Whats good is you can choose from a race cam or a touring cam... Darryl carries KITACO

parts at SIK50'S... if your running TAKEGAWA parts Maybe you should not mix parts????? It may make a difference I dont Know?? the Guys

at TWO BROTHERS told Me It does.... As for stroker cranks I haven't

Ventured there yet... YET!!! All i can tell you is dont rush ask lots of

questions, call around. Theres lots of Knowledgable people on this site.

See what people run for parts and setups, and what works.........!

Thanks hope I could help..Kevin a.k.a. OLDSCHOOL #38.

P.S. I wish I had the knowledge and wisdom of this site before I sunk $7000.00(price includes bike). with trial and error of parts.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Call classic Honda they have the best deals on heads for your bike ask about there new SE head we have two of them best damm head on the market smokes the superhead with ease . Classic Honda is the only authorised dealer for Kitaco in the states trust me they will give the best deals

Don't worry kitaco and takagawa parts interchange just fine we have been doing it for a long time. Two Bro's only sais they don't work because they can't sell Kitaco

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Parts reply to skindonner

Hey skin,

I've dealt with and bought parts from TWO BRO's, FAST50's, BBR, SIK50's and CLASSIC HONDA. By far the Best Deals and advice I have

received is from the last too mentioned. I also delt with another company

which I wont mention now, for just a graffic kit, That they at that time

Charged me for.... After 3 weeks not receiving it. I called and the guy

which i wont mention at this time, Told me he gave my set to his Rider

for a extra set in case he needed it.. I was like what the $&@*!!!!

And he makes like whats my problem. His guy comes first....OK!! So

I finally get them they made (at the time My bike look good ). So I go

to My first FIDDIE race and do I think very well 5TH overall in MOD.

and 8th overall in the OPEN. and some people came up to me to ask me

some questions about my bike. and asked me if I rode for the GUY who's

GRAFFICS i was displaying. I said no, and he then went on to say how that

company had screwed him on motor mods, how he sent them his motor

and they sent him back basiclly the same motor back. and charge him

over a grand. and did nothing to it WOW! By this time a small crowd had

gathered. not good word of mouth travels far... So I've learned the people

that take the time to talk to you and help you and give you good advice

you the CUSTOMER deserves. is worth the most. I trust the advice that I

get on this site PERIOD.

Thanks just had to get that off my chest.... Kevin a.k.a.OLDSCHOOL

· Registered
1,402 Posts
preach it brother . I know how you feel I've been ripped off too many times to mention by company's I will not mention because people seem to blindly follow them because they are the in crowd . most of the stuff out there is great but it is how you get the proper customer service that counts .

I started my business in my garage four years ago (with a $50.00 YZ 80) because my local dealers just could not get it right. I was a medic before this and the hours plus time away from my family killed me so I took my love of motorcycles and decided heck I should just start my own dealership and that is what I did with the hope I could offer the best deals with quality customer service that I was not getting from others.

PS. there is alot of good advice on this site. it is the bashing I could live without :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

· Registered
450 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem. Fast 50s offered me rider support and gave me some free graphics, so I thought if they could just hand stuff over without shipping to me that would be awsome. I started to order stuff and it wouldn't come for like a month, even if it was something that I broke and had to replace before I could ride. To make a long story short, Five-o offered me support and I jumped at the chance. If you order stuff from them, it will come on in the same week. Much sweeter deal.

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Reply to Reply

Ya that sux,

But Im not sponcered or represent anybody I just ride for myself. at this

time. I dont get any super deals or free parts just alot of stickers and good advice. But Next year Im going to make a name for myself on the

East Coast race seen. In the 80's I used to race B-Pro BMX nationaly

and was sponcered by Schwinn Factory, S.E. Racing. It was all about

Attitude and Race results and Product promotion. In 99 I got back into

BMX and got a discount on parts at the local bike shop. in 2001 I got

STATE #1 REGONAL #2 and NATIONAL #7 in 2002 I got STATE #1

NATIONAL #16 and #32 in the 35-over expert class with support from

PROFILE RACING: frames, wheels, cranks..ect. Now im going to attempt

to do the same thing in the local and national FIDDIE world....

useing my ATTITUDE, PROMOTING the parts I use and RACE RESULTS.

Thanks for your time OLDSCHOOL #38

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.