PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well lifan, yx, and zongshen all have 90cc,110cc, and 125 cc auto clutch motors. But if you want something really nice like a 150 or bigger you may want to get a daytona 150 or similar motor and send it to EFM auto clutches or rekluse and see if they can do a clutch and cover for you that will hold. From my research, at minimum it looks like you need the billet basket and, heavy springs and high end fibers on the auto clutches to get them to hold anything over 125cc. Someone else needs to chime in here on the specifics though. I would love to see a production 140 or 150 with an auto clutch and 4 up shift pattern that doesn't need the clutch fibers replaced all the time.

Is this for your infamous CT? or a new project?

·
Registered
331 Posts
GPX125? firepower has been fooling around with one.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
pookiebear said:
or a honda nice?

takegawa clutch on a trx90, with an e22 head?

depends on the budget I guess.
There are auto clutch nice engines. Not the cheapest way to hop up though.

(and a standard nice 108ccm is not really a power hop up if you are used to engines >120ccm)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barnone said:
GPX125? firepower has been fooling around with one.

For an c70 that will end up the daughter's ride. Basicley want to make a passport cruise 55.

He sell the gpx125 too?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fatcaaat said:
I'd find a trx90 motor.

Would have to retrofit kickstart too. No way will she pull start a motor. Not lady like enough.

Daughter wants electric start. Figure if I do bump up cc's I'll do it with low compression and maybe compression release.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pookiebear said:
Well lifan, yx, and zongshen all have 90cc,110cc, and 125 cc auto clutch motors. But if you want something really nice like a 150 or bigger you may want to get a daytona 150 or similar motor and send it to EFM auto clutches or rekluse and see if they can do a clutch and cover for you that will hold. From my research, at minimum it looks like you need the billet basket and, heavy springs and high end fibers on the auto clutches to get them to hold anything over 125cc. Someone else needs to chime in here on the specifics though. I would love to see a production 140 or 150 with an auto clutch and 4 up shift pattern that doesn't need the clutch fibers replaced all the time.

Is this for your infamous CT? or a new project?

I'd consider them for sure. As long as I could bump up the cc's a little and use a compression release.

New project

A free 1983 honda c70 passport. For the Daughter, and me as a second round town bike.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get yourself a lifan 107 or similair......put a tb114 bbk and tb race cam, if your budget allows rework the top end (big valve head, or porting).....vm26 carb or similair and you will be ripping. This set up pulls really well through the top. Will keep up with my yx160 no problem.....plus most are electric start.

·
Banned
1 Posts
chuckklr04 said:
Or this

LIFAN_120cc ELECTRIC_START AUTOMATIC_CLUTCH GREAT_FOR_MAKING HYPER_PASSPORTS (TOP_STARTER) (120cc_4A_T_E)

Would like to be able to add a few cc's when starts to get tired.

Say..........140cc then up a tooth on the countersprocket and beef up the clutch.

Looks like the Honda Nice clutch cover, but could hold up more like the auto Xtreme quads. Cranks broke. If it's a decent set up, a 140 kit is a bolt-on and it comes with a big valve head. Rotary shifting is cheesy, but she may dig it. Save the toenail polish;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts