PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that your foot pegs can rip out from under you, but I was told a solution to this is just putting longer bolts in. The holes go further up into the cases but are not taped yet has anyone ever done this and if so how far did you go cause I would imagine that the metal would start to get weak or thin futher up. Once or if I do this im going to invest in a cradle mount to seal the deal once and for all with this nightmare that haunts me everytime I ride iieeee lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
i dont know how much longer of a bolt you can safely use without busting through and striking black gold (motor oil).. but do not attempt this until you find out. you should definitely get a cradle though a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
measure depth of existing locations in case add the thickness of your foot peg mount, viola...if you find bolts that are not that exact length, go with a slightly shorter bolt or add a washer...make sure to not bottom out bolt.

·
Registered
347 Posts
you can go 5 mm longer. Don't know how long you're waiting to get the cradle but it's a waste of time with longer bolts if it's any time soon. You will just need and receive even longer bolts with the cradle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Stock bolts are 8mm x 20mm. I replaced all 4 on 2 bikes with 8mm x 25 mm. Do not go longer as they will punch through the cases.

I eventually installed a CAT-5 craddle on both bikes to fix it for good.

Get your from T-Bolt. best price best service no worries.

Good luck . . .

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
get a cradle from TBOLT comes with all new bolts and installation hardware so theres no worries at all, save those cases!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
8mmx25 is what me and all my friends run on stockers and full mods ,you just have to blue lock tight them and make sure they do not come lose we all weigh in around 160lb to 190lb and ride b class on the big bikes so we are not easy on the pit bikes , the other day my friend bent his brand new 2bros chromaly pegmount and it did not rip the bolts out of the case .

·
Registered
53 Posts
MG577 said:
8mmx25 is what me and all my friends run on stockers and full mods ,you just have to blue lock tight them and make sure they do not come lose we all weigh in around 160lb to 190lb and ride b class on the big bikes so we are not easy on the pit bikes , the other day my friend bent his brand new 2bros chromaly pegmount and it did not rip the bolts out of the case .

Hold on, let me check my calendar...

Oh wait, it's not 2007, you know, back when people tried the longer bolts and still broke their cases.

I'm not saying that its a bad idea to get through one moto or two, but if you actually plan to ride your bike more than Kirstie Ally uses her treadmill, you should get a cradle mount.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
i bought a cradle but said ill put it on next time like 4 times untell .... i was soo madd at my self just think for the price of new cases and labor you in already 3 cradles...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts