PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to put some real lights on my bike for a while now since Im just using 2 walmart led mountain bike ones which are ok, but not really what I really want.

Came accross Ricky Stator: Manufacture of ATV & dirt bike stators, electrical componets, lighting systems, and suspension products.

for 69 bucks they sell a 90 watt xr50/crf50 stator. Anyone ever install one and run it? How easy was it to slap in and any things to be aware of? Any better stators?

Also they sell 2 acerbis front plates with dual halogen bulbs 35watts each anyone use these and what are they like?

Or with this 90 watt stator is it possible to wire up any 12 volt light under 90 watts? Like a nice bright car fog light or something?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just installed a Baja Designs dual sport kit on my CRF50 and it was all pretty straightforward. A headlight kit would be muck simpler. Pop the flywheel off, replace the stator and you have power. The wiring wouldn't be too tough to figure out. You'd need to run the power through the voltage regulator, then a switch, then into the headlight and taillight.

You should probably see if they offer a generic wiring harness that includes a regulator and switch if you're not that handy with electrical projects. I'm not myself but it's almost self explanatory after you lay all of the pieces out and figure out where everything has to go. I know I could make a wiring harness now after installing my kit. I'd pull my hair out if I had to do turn signals, horn, and all the other stuff. Basic headlight/taillight would be no problem.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that red trail tech x2 looks wicked

Has anyone used one of these aftermarket front fender/light combos like the acerbis ones or ufo I wonder how bright they really are?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You arent going to get it "on the cheap". I went through the process of getting mine street legal. PITA to buy every little thing to make it legal. Gets expensive fast.
still interested. waiting on secretary of state to mail me packet of requirements for conversion. i might be able to get away with no blinkers and a few other things. it's the wiring harness that needs to be bought/made that freaks me out. either way i want a headlight so a tail isn't that much more imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.