PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a vey clean 2005 FYM Xsport CR3 125cc that i picked up reasonably cheap. I have decided to make a project out of it, make it race worthy, without buying a bucci roller at major expense.

Anyway i notice the new motors 140cc and above mainly, Rev a lot faster due to the Lightened flywheel (outer rotor NOT INNER ROTOR) & of course they have the z40 cam and what not aswell to go with it.

So my question is if i buy this lightened "outer rotor" flywheel and stator plate for 125cc (link in comments) via ebay. Will this be a decent upgrade along with the lightweight oil spinner??
I purchased a cheap inner rotor many years ago and it was shocking it leaked from the stator seal and the inner rotor itself would often unloosen itself and leave me stranded somwhere as i couldnt tighten it back up. I never fitted the lightened oil spinner either (dont know if that could cause me problems in any way?
How is the oil spinner fitted & where does the oil spinner go?, do i need it?

Although this isnt any more of a decent part money wise still cheap but the overall lightened flywheels im looking at now just look better quality so isit worth a try for fun. Dont want to buy parts and end up stuck with them thats all.

Thanks MINIBIKEJAM

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I have a light outer rotor and a light oil sling i could sell. let me see the other side of that engine to determine if it will fit or not. Well, you are in the UK i think, so this won't make sense to put over to you. But that little rotor will work fine in your application, but may need some additional wiring as I don't know what you have. The bigger change is the oil sling...if the engine has the big oil sling on it, that will need to be lightened or swapped as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a light outer rotor and a light oil sling i could sell. let me see the other side of that engine to determine if it will fit or not. Well, you are in the UK i think, so this won't make sense to put over to you. But that little rotor will work fine in your application, but may need some additional wiring as I don't know what you have. The bigger change is the oil sling...if the engine has the big oil sling on it, that will need to be lightened or swapped as well.
Understood and yeah im in the UK. The bike currently has a 5 pin push clip ill take a pic when i get home. Thanks bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts