PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sprocket on my lifan 140 are loose(wobbles side to side), and I dont know if it should be like this or not, its making a clicking sound as I ride though. If this is a problem, then what type of sprocket thread I guess does the lifan engine use, and if you know, where can I buy another spocket like it close to Toronto

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,534 Posts
The most common coarse spline size is 17mm, but there are some Lifan engines that have a 20mm countershaft size. My guess is for you to measure what you have and get what you need. A small amount of lateral sideplay is normal, even with the locking plate in place.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not little grooves holding it on like the honda sprocket, its like 7 big grooves I guess that you slip into place, and the locking plate ontop slides in, but its not the honda setup for sure, because I tried to put the extra 1 I had on an old engine lying around, it didnt work, is this sprocket im describing like the 17 mm you where?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats what it is, Thats a really nice sprocket, does it wiggle around? and where did you get one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright I was scared, because it makes a weird clicking sound when I roll it and when I ride too, its noticeable for people off the bike listening

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm how would I know? and I know this is off topic but I lost a 12 mm rear axle nut and its probably not possible that I could fine one at a hardware store, would I have to buy it fomr honda?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts