PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lifan cases. Changing from the ball bearing cases that are prone to break

due to kick back, to the latest needle bearing type.

Just a quick question about my latest cases, there is no longer

an oil path from the pump direct to the underside of the bore

via the small hole!! Is this an issue?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The pump sends the oil directly out of the bolt hole closest to the centre of the motor. Then it enters back through the outside bolt hole after being wherever you want it to have been, and then enters a holding area which has two fine holes at either end of the chamber. One hole feeds oil up the usual path to the head via the bottom stud passage (which is the one I thought you meant when you said 'the underside of the bore' and the other feeds oil out around the the clutch cover and in through the slinger to its crank destination.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Tak's inline filter then a cooler should be great. Can the line be split before going back in the cases and go direct to the head with half? The standard top end oil hole would then get plugged and avoid the oil taking the hot trip up the jug.

·
Banned
1 Posts
How much did they cost? Where did you get them? Interchangable with GPX guts? I like the full flow oiling. The regular head oil taps only cool the head oil and ignore what goes to the crank and is slung up on the bottom of the piston.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Is kickback really that common? I've booted over a buddy's Tak 106, GPX-BVH 146, and the XR80/120, all around 12:1 and never had a real struggle. My 12:1 620 KTM and XR-L650/720, on the other hand, would make your eyes water once in a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.