PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start this page for info/news on the coming Lifan KP Mini 150
Supposed to be in US warehouses by Feb 2017.
MSRP is rumored to be $2k.
Please post up any news you come across in the coming months.

Lifan page with specs: KP Mini – American Lifan

Click pic to enlarge...

KPMini-sideright-768x560.jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still like the Pony 100 style, but the Spec's are better on this one, but really isn't it a vertical Grom knock off?
Thats exactly what it is. Its a good plan I think. Way cheaper with more power and an extra gear. Seems like it has a spec list like the Grom probably should have had.
I like the Pony style too. Too bad the Pony is going away though. :( 100cc is what held me off of it. If the Pony had been 150cc Id have bought for sure.
Now strongly considering the KP Mini.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
This would be the right builder candidate. You could swap an xr200 engine right in. Maybe you could swap a crf230f in there...they are only slightly larger. If that's the case, you can bolt a 20hp stock engine 6 speed in from the start, or add in a cam and portwork and carb and pull a real 23-24hp. That will turn the 150 from a playbike into a real street machine for sure.

I am building a honda cl125 custom and am using a worked crf230f engine in it. It is an excellent powerplant.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you could swap a crf230f in there...they are only slightly larger.
You can tag and street ride all dirt bikes where I live (Nashville, TN (even 2 stroke)) so Id just run one of those if I was wanting that I think.
I wouldnt likely considering motor swap unless the OE motor popped.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The shop nearest me says they've got 2 coming and they were supposed to arrive long ago.
They aren't happy since they've already paid for them. Not sure what the delay is.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Holy cow, 242 pounds dry?? Thats a big fat pig, for a bike that will probably dyno about 9hp at the rear wheel (specs say 12, probably crank hp).

A piranha 190 weighs 170 pounds, for reference.

This bike looks like a Kayo 125 in Grom bodywork. Is this 150 engine a Honda 150f copy?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
it looks like it can be easy to lighten, but probably expensive. The wheels look like those really heavy cast aluminum wheels and the tires are big and fat...so there's a lot of weight here that could be replaced with a set of nice wide 14" spoked wheels and less aspect tires. The pipe is probably a real pig of thick tube steel which could be replaced with a nice thin stainless or TI pipe. Don't forget that the Grom weighs 225lbs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it looks like it can be easy to lighten, but probably expensive. The wheels look like those really heavy cast aluminum wheels and the tires are big and fat...so there's a lot of weight here that could be replaced with a set of nice wide 14" spoked wheels and less aspect tires. The pipe is probably a real pig of thick tube steel which could be replaced with a nice thin stainless or TI pipe. Don't forget that the Grom weighs 225lbs.
I bet you're right on the wheels and definitely right on the pipe.
Yeah, Id much rather have this than a GRom. Way cheaper too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts