PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as I've got a dead Lifan 141 setup... and there's always room for bench build chats...

Plot the ultimate Lifan 141 build!

Clutch/Tranny Improvements:

- Thumpstar revised 3rd and 4th gear (Closer ratio setup, doesn't help 1st though.)

- SDG shift fix kit

- TRX90 clutch basket (Direct bolt on?)

- Aftermarket alu/kevlar clutch plate set

- TRX90 clutch springs

- Ceramic bearings?

Bottom End:

- Xtreme oil sling (Makes shaved alu units look heavy. :p)

- Crank lightened, trued, polished and balanced for 11k RPM

- Ceramic bearings?

Top End:

- Nikasil line cylinder

- make full use of performance coatings on piston, head and cam

- Ti valve set

- lighten and polish rockers

- Ti tappet adjuster nuts

- Port and polish head

·
Registered
775 Posts
i would also add a takagawa inner rotor kit and a moded trx90 clutch basket and the rest sounds good but two ceramic engine bearings for a gsxr600 are $600! ;)

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
RcWannabe said:
He said he wants a nikasil cylinder, should be a ripper Kurlon

to do a nikisil cyl you need an aluminum sleeve ,then have it plated

if a ceramic option is avalible it would be a similar set up to nikisil

the reason most jap rides use nikisil is its lighter , stronger and slides better than cast iron sleeves

funny

i figured cast iron was dead till we started building 50's

G

·
The Ti adjuster nuts are a waste. 30 bucks on two nuts isn't worth it. Remove slinger completely. Ti valves are not worth it unless you want to turn a lot of rpms or you run less valve spring pressure.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
TheCRKid said:

the reason most jap rides use nikisil is its lighter , stronger and slides better than cast iron sleeves

funny

I know I was not disagreeing simply saying that he has his heart set on a nik'd cylinder

·
Registered
775 Posts
TheCRKid said:

funny

not correct you can get cast iron cylinder nikisil coated by a number of companys!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Crashkid said:
yeah, but why would you coat a cast iron cylinder. If you are going to do a ultimate lifan build you wouldn't want the weight or heat of the cast iron cylinder. Some things are stone age for a reason.;)
only the liner is cast iron,all i'm saying is it can be done! please explane whats stone age? alot or aluminum race engines have steel liners do you know why?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only cylinder coating I know by name is nikasil, no idea how the ceramic coating compares? Vince, if you've got pricing or other info on ceramic 57mm bores, share with me sometime. : )

I thought about ditching the oil sling, but looking at the itty bitty one on that one xtreme motor posted in some random thread I can't find... it's just big enough to provide a functional oil sling, and dats it.

And yeah, the Ti adjuster nuts are a waste... but hey, they're TITANIUM! That's like, the stuff the shuttle's made out of! :p When I do the short stroke motor it's going to have to rev it's nuts off, thats when I'll use them as I'll be trying every trick I know of to wind it up.

No opinions or alternate options re the updated 3rd and 4th gear sets from Thumpy eh? Figured that one would start a small conversation.

G

·
Yea I tried editing my post to include a comment on the tranny but my computer started going nuts. Anyway... wider spacing on the tranny can be a GOOD thing if you build the broad torque curve to match it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.