PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my self a 2015 survival with a 49cc motor. Loved the bike my first week of riding so much I bought the Lifan 125cc off tbolt. Mainly because I didn't want a manual clutch. I would of gotten the Piranha 140 from the start but tbolt doesn't sell the non auto clutch version that fits. I havent installed the 125 yet but have been doing research and found the piranaha 140 motor with auto start and auto clutch that will fix!(auto start is mounted on the bottom) Now do i see if I can return the 125(everything is still in the box) and get the piranha? Or just keep the 125? I dont want the bike to be too overpowered, I weigh about 150lbs and want to be able to go up hills no problem lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure, Im only going off this comment on a thread here about motors:
"Piranha 140: Get the semi-auto with auto clutch and electric start. Fits very well, and has the most torque of all the 125's. Diesel like torque. Not a high-rever, but that torque...awesome. Put it in 3rd in the trails and you always have power on tap. Very tractable. Electric start is cool. A bit more work to wire but not a big deal. Easily takes the lifan 125 in a drag race. Total different type of power delivery though with that torque. Yes, I like this motor a lot."

I called the tbolt guys back and they have been absolutely amazing with customer service. Some of the best I've dealt with! They suggested to just keep the 125 as its a perfect fit and will give me plenty of power. I'm not riding this like a dirt bike, more for on the streets and popping in the woods when I can.

Main things im looking for:

Get up any hill (in the woods and street)
Keep up with 55mph traffic for short spirts
Accelerate much fast than the 49cc. When at a stop sign I don't want to worry about a car pulling up on quick on me if there is any kind of hill
-semi-auto
-e-start would of been cool but not a deal breaker

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 125 in my pro, auto clutch, worked fine for what it is.
built it into the 141 kit, added a muffler. now it works fantastic
the 125 is all that I have, so i can’t compare it to anything else...

i did build some wheels for MC tires, was a great improvement
i do think if we use high HP engines, we will be going through swing arm, jack shaft bearings fast.
lights are next for mine
i hope this helps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed 125 and she pulls nice and able to get up any hill. Shifting took some time to get use to but its fine now. I can get about 55 on flat full throttle. Which is fine for any highway. Now I'm wondering I have a 15t in, I will be replacing with a 13t soon. I should get more torque but I hope not to lose too much top end. For some reason I still have this feeling I want the 140 haha. I am very new to the moto world and probably just over thinking it. unfortunately, I can't get a bore kit for my size lifan 125. Should I stop worrying about how the 140 would of been and just enjoying my 125, Or look for when I can get the 140 cheaper and try to sell my 125?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
my next engine will be a piranha 140 manual
if you get one, buy it from T-Bolt. Vince and his crew have been tops

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm running the 141 semi auto and it works just fine for me....Well i wish there was a 350cc or so motor that would bolt right up availible somewhere but that's neither here nor there nonetheless i believe the Parana motor will walk all over the 141 all day long....Just what i've heard or read somewhere so don't quote me on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts