PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a lifan 100 for a deal. I have heard a lot of smack about motors that aren't honda...or RC 86 strokers :p Is this a waste of money, or will it perform a lot better than my stock 50 motor? Are they reliable. A friend said they were 5 or 6 horse. Thats a lot better than 2.5 horse stock. I'm looking for a little feedback, but i need it soon.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Power wise it will be much better than a stock xr50, but the main thing is the reliability comes into question. I know I have read where Vince said the tranny's arnt quite as tuff and not as good for offroad abuse, also they are alittle low on power for a 100cc motor. But it would be a pretty good motor, it all realy depends on what kind of deal your gettting on it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
depends on how much your getting it for, if its anywhere near the price of the rc86 motor, go with that cuz you also get a manual clutch and 4 speed plus you can race in the 88 class

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.