PlanetMinis Forums banner
1881 - 1891 of 1891 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello everyone,

Hailing from good old inland empire, Cali.

Absolutely mint (to us) 1971 Z50AK2 passed over to us from my brother-in-law who has a collection. Thank you Tim!!!

Some neat things we love about this build:
Has some some cool 1969 K1 parts on it, can you spot them?
4-speed, manual clutch, 70cc engine from ST70 or CT70
Rear foot brake
Chromed out wheels
Likes to wheelie, i need to learn how to hold it.

Anyway, I have it apart to do a cleaning and restore the carb. But the more I take it a part, the more I take it apart, if you get my drift, now contemplating repainting the frame, etc.

Going to be doing lots of reading on this site.

Best,

Tanner Cortes

·
Registered
14 Posts
He's my 1978 Z50A-6315294, according to Mr. Jeremy Polson's excellent book Honda Mini Trail Enthusiast's Guide, production numbers of this year started with -6300003. I bought it from the PO who had cobbled together bits and bobs to make a running machine. Engine is Z50AE-6315293. Off by 1 number between frame and engine. Is this common? Seems odd any replacement engine would be exactly one SN apart from it's frame...

At any rate, the fenders should be painted not chrome. Tank scheme, seat, exhaust are incorrect. Missing the tail light, missing side cover. Did these have a tool kit?

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle brake
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
This happened yesterday, fake K0 out of a K1. I knew it was fake, so no harm no foul. Luckily I have the frame bits to put back on that were removed. It has a CT70E-165484 which I think is a K0 ? I may leave it in as a period correct "hot rod" engine or sell it. Also came with a K4 Z50AE complete and a K5 Z50AE block. Selling these.

The forks' headlight ears were ground off, and reflector holes filled, or this is an aftermarket fork completely, not sure which. Will be selling. Seat will be sold too. Exhaust is a K2 I will sell that as well.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

1881 - 1891 of 1891 Posts