PlanetMinis Forums banner

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my newest build...

I've had 5 bikes (one running) for years sitting in my attic so I thought it was time to get going on them...

This is is a 79 with a lifan 125cc manual clutch motor. I always knew that I wanted upgraded suspension so I sourced the front forks from China and bought the rest here in north America.

Forks are 520mm total length and rear is 1.5 extended swingarm with 280mm shocks... New tank, seat cover and plastic plastic.

Then powder coated tank and frame red and bars, risers, hubs and wheels in black... Decals to come...

Add a stainless bolt kit from alloy bolts and you get this.

The purists I'm sure may complain but this is my bike... And it was a ton of fun to build.

Test ride... This thing is perfect!

Anyways wanted to share :)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Here's my newest build...

I've had 5 bikes (one running) for years sitting in my attic so I thought it was time to get going on them...

This is is a 79 with a lifan 125cc manual clutch motor. I always knew that I wanted upgraded suspension so I sourced the front forks from China and bought the rest here in north America.

Forks are 520mm total length and rear is 1.5 extended swingarm with 280mm shocks... New tank, seat cover and plastic plastic.

Then powder coated tank and frame red and bars, risers, hubs and wheels in black... Decals to come...

Add a stainless bolt kit from alloy bolts and you get this.

The purists I'm sure may complain but this is my bike... And it was a ton of fun to build.

Test ride... This thing is perfect!

Anyways wanted to share :)

View attachment 272842
The only thing I would add is Honda wing decals. Beautiful job!

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts