PlanetMinis Forums banner

1841 - 1860 of 1871 Posts

·
3,298 Posts
Awesome bike! With that V2 it has to be smoking hot!
Big fun!!! Seat is cut down. Lowered about 3". It just rips. Stretch is nice too. Less wheelie happy. Love a 108 in a Hardtail. Its a handful but still will creep around a swap meet.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Long term the mono conversion is still hanging in there ! Really enjoying the phenomenal trail range you have with the Z with the 88cc . Still as frugal as ever. Love the looks when we pull up in my 94 4runner, drop 2 motorcycles out of the back !!!
What's failed or I've changed so far on the Z:
  • Snow hog up front .. So flat a profile I had to back to a rounded knobby. So much better to steer !
  • Generic alloy chain guide on the rear … it's so low to the ground I've trashed one already on heavy trail rides.
  • I've replaced the front brake reservoir/lever/calliper once. The aftermarket KTM replica promised to be at genuine ktm standard, but both the calliper and lever crapped out after 2 years. Gone to another aftermarket brand, see how that goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone on here dropped one of those new Pirhana/Daytona/Pitster Pro (212/190/155) motors in a Z recently? Seems that the Pitster Pro is the most reasonable and would still be a riot. Just curious how things went as I'd like to do this and just looking for advice on what to do/what not to do.

Also, have a '84 with 88cc I've been dumping the funds into when I have the extra coin. Was thinking about doing the motor purchase to my '78, but the more I think about it I just love the '84 so would almost prefer putting the new motor in the '84.

If this discussion belongs elsewhere, please correct me as I'm fairly new to this forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
whats up guys! Here's my monkey i bought back in 1995 when i lived in japan. I havent touched it in years but looking to keep doing some upgrades!

monkey mini 2.jpg
monkey mini.jpg

i'm looking to do some disc brakes, preferably brembo's.. any idea who makes a bracket? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1972 Honda z50
9 Posts
imagejpeg_0_2_.jpg
imagejpeg_0_3_.jpg

Here's my '72 Z50 that is in my Dad's garage in the St Louis area. Told him I wanted to bring it down to Springfield and get it going after I finish up on my current project, a 1940 Ford panel truck. Figure the little Honda could be the perfect traveling companion for the panel. LOL

1841 - 1860 of 1871 Posts