PlanetMinis Forums banner

1781 - 1800 of 1871 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's my '86 Christmas Special...

When I picked it up a few weeks ago...

Here it is now. It runs really great and starts first kick, after a good carb cleaning and rebuild.

Other things I did:
New seat
New bearings in rear wheel
Rebuilt the forks with new bushings and striaghtened the bent tubes
New front wheel (old one was bent pretty good)
New Tires

·
Registered
14 Posts
My beauty, 1981 Z50R with a customized 1976 XL75 gas tank, beaten to accommodate seat. Turning radius not so good. Shot front tire and tube, inoperable front hand brake...lever and cable at least needed, hanging kick starter, fork internals need love, leaks oil at cylinder and block, needs carb gasket and o-rings, shifter side cover bolts, seat cover, tank.

Got it to start can't really test drive it to well with dead front tire but doesn't seem to rev high enough to get into 2nd gear, pops wheelie putting into 1st. Not sure about shifting yet. More to come.

getPart-3 copy.jpg

getPart-1 copy.jpg

getPart-2 copy.jpg

getPart copy.jpg

·
Registered
516 Posts
My beauty, 1981 Z50R with a customized 1976 XL75 gas tank, beaten to accommodate seat. Turning radius not so good. Shot front tire and tube, inoperable front hand brake...lever and cable at least needed, hanging kick starter, fork internals need love, leaks oil at cylinder and block, needs carb gasket and o-rings, shifter side cover bolts, seat cover, tank.

Got it to start can't really test drive it to well with dead front tire but doesn't seem to rev high enough to get into 2nd gear, pops wheelie putting into 1st. Not sure about shifting yet. More to come.
Lol … love it, a renovators dream !

and at least the front guard has no dents...

·
Registered
1 Posts
20181111_175727.jpg This is my 1990 Z50J, Repainted it four years ago because it was in such bad shape. Now I'd like to paint it back to its original colours. Still pretty satisfied with it. Engine is stock 49cc with Takegawa high-flow oil pump, Takegawa 3-plate cluch kit, Oil cooler, 16mm carb and the rest of the engine is kept Honda original.

1781 - 1800 of 1871 Posts