PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up pictures and specifications of your CT70 and Dax Projects. I'll post up here in a couple of weeks when my bike is finished.

Who is first?

·
Registered
74 Posts
My rider Dax ST50 with a Lifan 150 It started life as a '92 ST50 JDM.. i got it without an engine so it wasn't too hard to think what to do to get it on the road, I had a project 74 CT70 that was taking too long and ditched it and got this going, it will get more stuff along the way its a work in progress. This Dax Has loads of power and i am about to change the gearing to 16/32..That should tame it down some.. I Love the pipe... It's a Japanese Over Tapered loop but was very restricted at the Muffler end, I took to it with a 1/2 inch drill and now it has 4 extra holes.. Sounds Great and runs much stronger, I have had this pipe on a Gorilla and my Monkey but i think it looks best on the Dax . i have two other Daxes a White Lady Dax ST70H another Jap import from about '71 i think? it has a 4 speed manual clutch i have only seen one other on Yahoo Japan auctions, It will get a full resto as it came with a crap repaint job. My third Dax is a ST70 K0 that was bought new in Hong Kong in 69 its Metalic Grey same colour Honda painted the QA50 K0 frame, Has low miles or Km actually and i will leave it original unrestored..Thats what i am trying to do wiith my collection have three of each type, a Best Original unrestored, a fully restored, and a rider.... Mtom

013 by z50jam, on Flickr

1046 by z50jam, on Flickr

white dax 001 by z50jam, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Here's mine so far...Will post again once the Tak motor is in there. Couple more minor mods in the works also. It's a labor of love or love of labor ! :D

93 CT

G-craft swinger

NSR forks with G-craft triples

G-craft rims with Heidenau sneakers

Brembo caliper with Spiegler line and CMX250 master cyl

Temporary engine: 125 GPX-TB146-Cat5 head

CRF50 peg brkt with Kuryakin pegs

50Stunt sidestand

Daytona steering damper

"Shock" turn signals

Kitaco stainless/carbon exhaust

CB250 "Nighthawk" bars

Daytona shocks

Lots of chrome from "Kickstands and Wheelies"

Painted by Mikes Auto Body Woburn MA

Lots of help from "Motoshop Z"

More to come : )

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is mine:

It is my Honda Dax, fully restored (from all the nuts to all the paint).

The engine is a:

- AB27 base

- ND ignition

- Takegawa hydraulic dry clutch NT (new)

- Takegawa 5speed Superstreet (new)

- Takegawa 300% oilpump (new)

- Takegawa VM26 carbu (new)

- Daytona 52mm crankshaft (new)

- Daytona 52mm cilinder + piston (new)

- Daytona Hyperhead (new)

At the moment, I have bought a extra exhaust (the same exhaust as FastMC). I will take a new picture when my alpha A350 is recharged ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts

This is mine. The bike started it's life as a 1990 ST50. I've had it for almost eight years now, and it went through quite a few changes.

The current engine is a homebuilt 124cc twin cam: takegawa 54mm stroke crank, 54mm bore, Daytona DOHC head, Daytona 5 plate wet clutch, takegawa 5-speed gearbox, etc...

The forks are shortened honda nice forks, custom made hub for disc brake, 4" honda CY50 rear rim, takegawa Hyper street down exhaust, altered seat, rev counter and temp. clock, and quite a few smaller changes. I've put CT70 decals on, just because I like the look of them, and they're different to what you would usually see here in Europe.

I also have a UK spec original 1972 ST50 K1. Untouched and as is, just over 2000 miles, the only thing I recently did was build a 'stealth' engine for the bike (not in pics yet) . Honda based, 4 speed semi, 88cc kit, 70 head, uprated oil pump, C90 clutch, 18mm carb with original air filter and exhaust. Looks standard but goes quite well.

My third dax is an original 1973 ST70 Lady Dax. needs some TLC, but I'll probably keep it as it is

Cheers,

Godfried

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
My '72 Work in Progress . . .

It currently has a CRF exhaust, cheapie front disk brake setup, stock motor with a manual clutch kit, Pirelli street tires (shown in the first picture), aftermarket seat (shown in second picture, some semi-custom bars and Honda Shadow mirrors (shown in the first picture).

It will be coming apart hopefully this winter for a complete redo - lots of plans for the bike. I have tried a bunch of different things out to see what I want for the final build, that is the reason for the differences in the pictures. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
pietermann said:
This is mine:

It is my Honda Dax, fully restored (from all the nuts to all the paint).

The engine is a:

- AB27 base

- ND ignition

- Takegawa hydraulic dry clutch NT (new)

- Takegawa 5speed Superstreet (new)

- Takegawa 300% oilpump (new)

- Takegawa VM26 carbu (new)

- Daytona 52mm crankshaft (new)

- Daytona 52mm cilinder + piston (new)

- Daytona Hyperhead (new)

At the moment, I have bought a extra exhaust (the same exhaust as FastMC). I will take a new picture when my alpha A350 is recharged ;)

Thanks

Hey isnt the AB27 motor have a 4 speed that is super strong??? I might be mixing it up with something else but I remember somone talkin about that but i never knew any of the deatails about it, wondering if you could fill me in. I'm sure the 5 speed that you have is way better tho haha. thanks.

Btw absolutely amazing bike.

·
Registered
917 Posts
dirttrackin280h said:
My 1979 Honda CT70

DRATV 88cc cylinder/piston kit and 20mm carb. setup.

nice ct, your makin me want one.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
How about a CT70 with a GPX177V2 in it?

So, here is the latest incarnation of Schoolbus.

It now sports a GPX177 V2 on it.

Daytona Windscreen

Takegawa Tach

Other odds and ends. I still need a pipe for it which will be ordered at the end of the month. Also going to replace the large turn signals, that, while are very visible, are quite ugly.

Gotta be honest here...it does not have the low end torque like my Jialing 157cc with the 61.5 stroke, but it looks to be a winner.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
mexicanyella said:
I like the pipe on mx470's 1980 bike, and that low pipe on Godfried's 50cc Dax is funky-cool! Never seen that setup before. Were the Dax bikes available with low or high pipes, or do people fit CT pipes to them as mods, or is it just down to different years, or what?

Dan is mixing up my red original dax with the orange one. I am indeed running a stainless/titanium takegawa one on the 124cc dax.

The red one does have an original honda lowswept exhaust:

They came original on the early ST50 and ST70 for the UK, Japanese and Australian market, as well as on the early General Export model. I don't think they are still available from honda, but replica's can be found on ebay, as well as NOS or second hand ones. It shouldn't be to hard to put one on your CT, but you will have to make up a bracket to hold the exhaust, as the orginal bikes that came with these had an extra bracket on the frame, just behind where the brake pedal is.

The 1970's honda chaly had a very similar one, here's a picture of one on my chaly:

The bike is in bits at the moment (has been for a while now actually), awaiting a complete metamorphosis...

Cheers,

Godfried

PS: as for the top speed of the orange dax: it does over a genuine 80 mph. It was clocked at 78 mph with a police speed gun a couple of years ago. This was on a flat road, hardly any wind... A light backwind, slipstream, downhill etc. will easily add a couple of MPH to that...

1 - 20 of 600 Posts