PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,551 Posts
I asked about a 6V to 12V regulator/rectifier availability over on LilHonda.com, one of the members there suggested THIS. The only drawback is that they will not be shipping any orders out until November 29th, as seen HERE

·
Registered
71 Z50, 72 Yamaha RT360, 74 Yamaha DT250A, 2020 Honda CB500X
6 Posts
Hello, I have a LED bulb in my 71 Z50. I bought it years ago from Superbright LED's. It's a dual wattage 6v bulb, works great and really bright. The only problem is it's so bright you can barely tell the difference between brake light and tail light. Also one thing to keep in mind, that I learned from using LED's in my 6v old bikes, always make sure to buy bulbs that are not polarity sensative.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Super Moderator
4,305 Posts
Building a CL70 engine right now with a 12 volt lighting stator and electronic ignition. It is one of the xrarespares stators from Indonesia, that does not require case modification or an external trigger. Changing out the stator might be more than you are willing to do. Once the engine is done. I will post results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Building a CL70 engine right now with a 12 volt lighting stator and electronic ignition. It is one of the xrarespares stators from Indonesia, that does not require case modification or an external trigger. Changing out the stator might be more than you are willing to do. Once the engine is done. I will post results.
By all means, please let us know how it works out, and the info on what you used

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts