PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to lace the heavy duty spokes to the rim and hub.

I check at my local dealers and they told me to bring it to a bicycle shop. Does this sound right? I would rather try it myself so any tips would help.

I am only doing the rear wheel. If anybody has a gold front rim laying around and wants to sell it let me know.

Thanks

· Registered
134 Posts
You will be in for a long day. www.50ccracing.com has instructions. You will have to counter sink the wholes on your rim. Have a look and let me know how it goes..

· Registered
17 Posts
30 mins? man it took me like 2.5 hours to do it all. i used a hand drill to drill the holes. i made a jig or "truing stand" out of wood. i now replace spokes for people around here... just have to pay attention to what your doing the whole time... metally exhausting...

· Registered
1,511 Posts
I have an idea on how to lace wheels, but my dad can do both wheels in about 45 minutes.

Its a lot harder with used spokes. If your in no rush, let them and the nipples soak in carbrator cleaner for the night.

· Registered
8,911 Posts
LACING REAR WHEEL

HEY,

YOUR BETTER OFF GOING TO A MOTORCYCLE SHOP..... BUT THE LABOR

PRICE WILL KILL YOU TIME IS MONEY!!!! YOU HAVE TO DRILL THE HUB

OUT WITH A BIT THE SAME DIAMETER AS THE SPOKE AND THEN COUNTER SINK SLIGHTLY SO THE SPOKE HEAD SEATS IN THE HUB.

THIS IS SO THE SPOKE DOESN'T BIND UP. A LOCAL BICYCLE SHOP

MAY GET INVOLVED BUT THE REAR WHEEL WILL NOT PROPERLY FIT

IN A BICYCLE TRUING STAND I HAVE A PARK TRUING WHEELSTAND

AND HAD TO RIG UP A JIG TO GET THE PROPER DISH.... THE DISH

IS THE PROPER CENTERING OF THE RIM TO THE TWO HUB FLANGES

THE FRONT IS EASY BUT THE REAR HAS THE SPROCKET PLUS THE

HUB SPACERS TO DEAL WITH ITS A LOT OF WORK BUMMER SORRY.

50CC.COM HAS DETAILS....

· Registered
1,402 Posts
have you purchased the wheel yet ? . if not Fast 50's has a new rim out that laces just like the XR/CRF and it includes the spoke kit for about $30.00 bucks less

PS. leave it to Craig to pull a rabbit out of his hat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.