PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i've got your kx65 rear brake kit on my bbr klx, the brake and wheel are mounted fine but it looks as though the sprocket and chain aren't going to clear the chain guide? even with the wheel adjusted all the way forward and back on the blocks... obviously the stock kx sprocket is far too big but there isn't much room for anything else, been told a 39t will clear but can you advise please?

Auto part Wheel Rim Spoke Automotive wheel system

· Registered
5,278 Posts
You can go as low as a 38 sprocket and we actually run a 44 tooth rear sprocket on our race bikes with the Sano 3 piece billet swingarm. Talon has as low as a 41 tooth sprocket; http://www.talon-eng.co.uk/products.asp?c_urn=212&show=&bike=1221 ,,, also Vortex, PBI, Rocket sprockets all will have the 39 tooth sprockets and higher.

NOTE: If you are wanting to run the bigger sprockets we have in the past made an adapter spacer that moves the chain guide up so that it doesn't get in the way of the bigger sprocket. We ran a 46 tooth before.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
thanks guys, going to call talon monday morning. don't suppose you have any of the adapter spacers for sale at all?

cheers

each swingarm would be different due to the bolt patterns being different. You just have to take some aluminum or steel and fabricate a one off piece.

NOTE: I run a 44 tooth on all our race bikes (12 bike) and with the Sano 3 piece billet swingarm and chain guide need no modification.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi...
I normally don't really interrupt the discussion where I am not needed to say anything but I really liked the way you people assist others. this is remarkable and really appreciated one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.