PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sry I posted a similar thread in the general forum before I realised i should have posted here!! However!

I got myself a KX65 rear caliper and master cylinder and I should be buying the mount kit from Gary. Before I do I just need to check.... I have a Foes billet hub on my rear wheel setup which run mountain bike rotors, I know I can make the caliper work on the thinner rotor but the question is will the rotor itself be strong enough for the greater clamping force of the bigger caliper?? I'm hoping to avoid having to get a KX65 wheel if poss.

Thanks. Steve.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
we have used the formula rotor on the front disc brake adapter kit that uses the KX65 front caliper with no issues with that set up but I don't know how that rotor you have will work with the Rear KX65 rotor. NOTE: The spacing for the kit is for a KX65 rear wheel as well as the size a rotor the KX65 wheel uses (180mm rotor on KX65 rear wheel).

Gary
STR

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this mountain bike rotor is 183mm, but what about the strength? Would the greater force of braking rip the bolt heads off, or bend the rotor somehow? Might just have to go for the 65 wheel by the sound of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.