PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend thought to put oil in the forks with the forks all the way extended. SO i filled it 5 inches from the top withought the springs in and the forks couldnt be any stiffer. Should I have done it with the forks all the way compressed? Thanks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yes.

125mm from top with springs out, fully compressed.

Don't forget to bleed them. After you put oil in when compressed, seal the end of the fork with your hand while extending the fork. You will feel suction on your hand. This will pull oil into the fork internals. Compress the fork agian slowly & repeat this process until you stop feeling suction on your hand. Now they are bled. Now measure 125mm & you're set.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XLr8r said:
Yes.

125mm from top with springs out, fully compressed.

Don't forget to bleed them. After you put oil in when compressed, seal the end of the fork with your hand while extending the fork. You will feel suction on your hand. This will pull oil into the fork internals. Compress the fork agian slowly & repeat this process until you stop feeling suction on your hand. Now they are bled. Now measure 125mm & you're set.

Thanks for the reply, I will fix them as soon as i get some free time.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lillyspeedway911 said:
how do you like your forks. are they too soft/too hard? do you have stock springs
I love them, they have stiffer springs and light weight oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts