PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the deal, I bought a bike and a half in pieces that I have been parting out over the last few weeks and had a lot of interest in the engines.

Well I tore both apart today and they both suffered Rod bearing failure.

Both cranks are trash but everything else is fine. They were both virgin engines that had never been apart before and looked to be in great shape internally.

All the crank bearings and trans bearings are in great shape. So for the cost of a crank kit these could be reassembled.

I will sell one complete bottom end minus the crank of course or split up the cases from the rest for the right price but would rather sell the entire bottom end complete.

If your interested PM or E-Mail me and we'll go from there.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. The crank bearings are fine. The lower rod bearings on both engines let go. There fore sending small pieces to the top end and destroying the cylinder, piston, and head before finally seizing up on the crank.;)

The cases and trannys are all perfect as well as the clutches and one cylinder and head.

Must be a weak point on these little 2 strokes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.