PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up this little KTM 50 Pro SR in a trade and just started working on a full bike refresh since it was a little beat up from adults riding it and being left outside.

Plans:
-Full chassis disassembly and clean
-Chassis and swingarm repaint
-New black plastics
-New seat cover
-Paint engine covers
-Paint wheels (maybe)
-New knobby rear tire
-General cleaning and fixing odds and ends

Just started a few days ago, hope to get painting on the chassis today. Here are some pics:

And a video before I started taking it apart to refresh. I strap my GoPro on a friend who gets his butt kicked by this little bike until it runs out of gas:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a bit more work done today, it's really humid here right now so the cleaning, drying, and painting process took a few extra hours. The frame behind where the airbox sits is broken and needs to be welded. I recently moved into a new house and I don't have an 220 wired yet so the welding will have to wait. Fortunately it's an easy enough fix that it should only need to be touched up after I paint it.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Looks pretty good. Those bikes like to wear out clutches with adults aboard them. Why didn't you take the triple tree off to paint? The bearings prolly needed greased anyway.

I'm looking at that front end, and I'm wondering if it would work on my stocker 110 with a PAX bearing kit. I'd like to get a front disc brake on there, but a KX65 front end is pretty long to run on a stocker 110-- even the 2000/2001 forks have 8 inches of travel when I only need 6 tops. I imagine that I could lace up a 14 inch 65 rim to that hub with the 65 spokes, or use some other 14 inch setup from some KTM mini. What year is that bike? ---L*64

1 - 5 of 5 Posts