PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

Just got a 2010 110l, manual clutch. It engages on the very first few mms of lever travel. Like the VERY FIRST 2-5mm. when the level is fully seated there is a smidge of free play in the cable, so it isn't partly engaged.

I am ASSUMING that this is just normal wear and that I can adjust it like on the old auto clutch bikes.

However, the clutch cover doesn't have the external screw like the auto bikes do and the manual shows that the clutch/L bikes are supposed to. So I am assuming that there is a shim pack or something on the inside??

In theory I have a picture of the cover attached.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, but slack isn't the issue. At the bar, there is zero engagement. It a) Happens to be RIGHT AT the bar, and b) full engagement to full disengagement takes place over about 2-4 mm of travel. Which is why I was hoping/assuming that there is some sort of internal adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Normally, clutch adjustment with a fully manual clutch is done with the cable adjuster(s) inline on the cable and at the handlebar perch. If you are all out of adjustment, it could be time for a new clutch cable or new clutch plates. If the cable and plates are original from 2010, it might be time to change them.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I will give this a whirl. I ASSUMED that if I adjusted the cable, it was just cable adjustment. Though I suspect it's but time for new plates.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts