PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. No one wants a street legal frame? Will be up only for tonight then I'm keeping it if not sold

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can you be clear on what was done to designate a dirt bike street legal?can you post up a pic of the title or PM it to me thank you.i have interest but being in NY I want to verify that classification would carry over in my state.thank you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you be clear on what was done to designate a dirt bike street legal?can you post up a pic of the title or PM it to me thank you.i have interest but being in NY I want to verify that classification would carry over in my state.thank you.
Text me and ill send you a pic. Telling you now though you need to bring the original title (which i have) and frame to the dmv for them to even start any kind of process or even ask about it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
In California you need a title that says motorcycle along with the VIN on frame and engine number (both need to be on title) as well as having the physical lic. plate matching to title. it is near impossible to do in CA these days. you will have to see what NY requires from out of state.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NY DMV is easy with some of the clerks most make it difficult

It has to be listed as motorcycle on the title

I have regeistered bikes from arizona XR650R
Multiple Bikes at least 10 from Maine, New Hampshire ,Vermont, Delaware and New Jersey All KTM and Husabergs with MSO or motorcycle titles , They can not have any off road use or ATV designation

Went in recently to register my Husaberg 450FX that had a street legal Delaware title and the Clerk said "let me check if this is one of the models that is not legal for a NY motorcycle title " She looked at a list and it was not on it so it passed.

Easy enough to try with the title if it does not work mail it back to the owner and get a refund . If it works tell him to mail the frame at that point

Keep us posted

·
Registered
813 Posts
I tried to do a street legal klx in NY and they wouldn't let me even though I had a California motorcycle title and everything the bike needs to be street legal. They said when they ran the vin it popped up as off road and couldn't do a thing for me so I just went to Vermont and got it plated with zero issues all they wanted was confirmation of the vin on the bike which I had with me so they seen it and all good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts