PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were buying a new KLX to build, would you buy a standard 110, or the L? I have really lost interest in my KX250, so Im thinking about selling it to buy another new 110 and build for my self. The 4th gear manual clutch tranny in the L is a plus, but is the weight of electric start worth it? I dont care about suspension either way, it would get a new swing arm, shock, and zokes. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Do they make aftermarket suspension components for the L yet? I thought it was different so the aftermarket swingarms and shocks for the 110 can't be used on the 110L?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Reg. klx with cradle and suspension...full mod. Who needs electric start, it's a dirtbike and it's just something else to tear up and it adds weight and there aren't a lot of parts for the L that I know of, who knows when some companies MIGHT start making good stuff for it. Maybe there is more out there for it than i know and maybe the aftermarket swingers can be made to fit idk but finding good used parts on here is easy if you get the oldschool klx

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my kx250f goes to its new home this week. Hopefully next week Ill go pick up a 110L. I shot BBR an email to see how parts development is going on the L. I weighed things out and figure since both bikes have electric start, might as well go with the L. The 4th gear and manual clutch from the factory will save me some money in buying parts. I know BBR has put a supercomp swinger on one, so Im good there. I figure Ill do a 160 kit when the cam becomes available, plus all the standard mods over the winter. Hopefully by spring Ill have as close to a "full mod" as parts allow. Anyhow I cant wait to pick it up and see how it compares to my wifes 110 with the pitster front, brand x swinger, 143 kit, and pro circuit pipe!

·
Registered
389 Posts
find a used 110 that may already have some mods for alot cheaper than new, that way you should have more cash for parts, thats what i would do anyway

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
mtb155 said:
find a used 110 that may already have some mods for alot cheaper than new, that way you should have more cash for parts, thats what i would do anyway
i agree 1000 percent

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had thought about it, but figured it would be worth the adventure to build a new one, plus I like the look of the plastics. Long as I have it done this spring Ill be happy either way.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
ya its fun to build! but lol you gotta think a whole front end is 1000 and rear is 1000 lol.... then all the other stuff you buy is more $$$$..... or instead you can get whole new bike for 2000.. lol but if money isnt a problem then build one!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
go with the 110 , heard the L is a turd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts