PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
klX head yes..the bottom end is still a crf 50 based so the X4 uses CRF 50 motor mounting points.

The KLX motor mounting points are different and most like will set the engine too far forward and have front wheel clearance issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
darn........and I just bought an x4 frame thinking i could bolt all my klx stuff to it.......oh well. guess thats a sign that I should just leave the klx alone and not dump anymore money into it.......LOL guess i could cut off the upper shock mount to use on my klx

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
checkster said:
darn........and I just bought an x4 frame thinking i could bolt all my klx stuff to it.......oh well. guess thats a sign that I should just leave the klx alone and not dump anymore money into it.......LOL guess i could cut off the upper shock mount to use on my klx
Yeah use the parts from the X4..upper mount and master cylinder bracket..the front end and rear shock/swingarm...Make what they call here a KLXster

You will need a set pf the PAX head tube bearings for it also.

I have seen some very nice hybrid bikes built from the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.