PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well the MTTM klx110 is turning out to be a terrific project bike. No taking off perfectly good parts and replacing them on this baby. This puppy truly needs the help :wink:

First of all, wow, what a different ride from the fiddy. Not saying I like it better yet, just noticing how different. Plus it must be louder cuz I'm getting weirder looks from people on this bike than on my fiddy.

I have a question about engine idle. I didn't get an owners manual (working on getting a Clymers), but is there an idle screw or something on the 110? Reason I ask is cuz this pup won't stay lit in idle for crap unless the choke is wide open. Any other diagnosis of the problem and solutions are welcome.

Aslo, this pups got a saggy chain. Probably about time to replace it. Whats a good one?

THANKS ALL!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I just put an RK chain and yes there is an idle screw. Just look on the carb, it'll be on there. Im pretty sure its on the right hand side if your sitting on the bike but don't hold me to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHA Stanton. Guess I gotta go back and re-read your article! Guess I'd better find the darned carb screw first. :)

Yeah there's some adjustment, but it looks to be all the way out, and it's kinda munched too.

Ack! Now no Clymer Manual available? Whats up with that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pam,

There is a screw on the right side of the carb. It is a fuel air screw you can turn that out a little and that usually solves the problem. Other things that I have seen are a clogged pilot jet, float bowl level is off or your fuel air vent could be obstructed. Also forget about the Clymer’s manual go with the genuine Kawasaki service manual. I have them for $15 if you want one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Note to self: open eyes and look at bike closely before asking silly carb adjust screw question on PM. I found it. It was right where it should be. For some reason I keep thinking this KLX110 is totally alien compared to the crf50. DOH! Same basic concepts on both bikes pretty much, huh.

Thanks for the replies. I will try adjusting the carb screw and see if that helps, at least I have some other ideas from you all if that doesn't work.

Hey Jeff, watch for an email from me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.