PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering about valve lash? i heard alot of ppl running .003intake .004 exhaust...i was hoping to adjust my torque curve alil for more torque...would i be ok to go .004intake and .005 or .006 on the exhaust??? or is that just alil too much for it... i dont wanna over do it and hurt something. thanks:confused:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Anyone ever drilled holes in the cam gear and seen a difference?

I mean it makes plenty of sense, but is it worth it?

·
Banned
1 Posts
Altering the cam position, by slotting the sprockets or drilling different holes, to advance the cam, can have an effect on the torque curve. Maybe the OP could shed some light on the rest of the combo? Might be other fixes, as well.

Adding excess lash would make it noisier, and maybe beat up the cam and rockers after a while, but be a quick tell if a shorter cam duration would help.

If the bike is otherwise stock, a little re-jetting may help, but face it, 111 low-squeeze cc's, with a heavy-ish bike and a "grown-up" on it, ain't gonna have much torque;)

When it comes to torque, Kubes is King. The rest is for Zing... lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha thanks...my bike has a 143cc kitaco big bore, stock head. i am only 135lbs at 23 years old so im not changing much in weight haha. as far as re-jetting. i have tried almost every combo i can think of, as well as adjusting the E-clip position and diff things like that. i have tried every jet b\w 110-190 right now its got a 120 in it and is running better than it has at all. which isnt the best. it has MAD power up at higher RPM,. but it misses while it gains rpm at first, until it reaches a certain point and just takes off like a bat out of hell...almost ready to sell this damn thing. haha UNLESS MY STOCK EXHAUST IS REALLY KILLING ME THAT MUCH??? (drilled out head pipe)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts