PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend keeps saying he thinks he will smoke me the whole race on his stock 85. I told him no way. I’m running a 143 big bore, v2 race head, fmf full exhaust, u flow air filter, 26mm mikuni carb, 14f 39r sprockets, and bbr rev box. Also wondering if anyone knows the top speed of both bikes. I’m guess the stock 85 would hit around 65. Big bore 143 maybe 60 with that sprocket setup. Just wondering so I can really smack talk him with confidence however I really do think that until he hits powerband I’ll be ahead for a while. I’ll update if the race ever happens.

·
Registered
162 Posts
if your klx can make over 30hp then maybe lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mmmmm hhhmmmmm

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Stock 85 makes more hp than a v2 headed 143cc. A stock 85 smoker makes between 16-18hp (not 30) a 143 v2 with 26mm carb 10-13ish range. In a drag race assuming equally skilled riders the 2 smoker wins all day

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
How much do you think my crf 110 2021 will have? PAX intake, 24mm CJR Throttle Body, Tb Cam, FMF 4.1, 132 kit, High Comp Piston, and some cool stickers for a little more torque. It will be EFI flashed of course

Being you're doing cool stickers its will easily make 22hp ;). But on a serious note ultimate number vary with dyno and tuner. The said up you mentioned above Cameron says he's seeing about 12-13 with ported stock head and bvk on his dyno. And into the 16 range with his race head. I havent done any dyno work with the efi versions but the carbed version id see between 13-14.5hp depending on porting and exhaust being used.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I doubt it man. As much as i love pitters, 2 smokers dont F around. Honda spent millions and the best engineers to build the 150r and thats a 4v head, short stroke, big bore engine that rev's to the moon.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You're going to get your feelings hurt. HP number doesn't mean everything. Ask the MK4 supra guys...

However, user KX KID may have some good information on how to make power.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My friend keeps saying he thinks he will smoke me the whole race on his stock 85. I told him no way. I’m running a 143 big bore, v2 race head, fmf full exhaust, u flow air filter, 26mm mikuni carb, 14f 39r sprockets, and bbr rev box. Also wondering if anyone knows the top speed of both bikes. I’m guess the stock 85 would hit around 65. Big bore 143 maybe 60 with that sprocket setup. Just wondering so I can really smack talk him with confidence however I really do think that until he hits powerband I’ll be ahead for a while. I’ll update if the race ever happens.
The only way your going to get near 60 is with a 16/32 sprocket setup. I'm getting 58mph but I don't have the race head, U flow, or rev box. I do have the 143 big bore, 55mm crank with a 4 speed shift drum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts