PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to do away with electric start. Already have everything off you don't need, just need to get rid of the starter/on/off button because it gets in the way doing tricks. Need help getting it to run without the electric start/ on/off switch, and does any one know how to get rid of the neutral safety, so it can be started in gear?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't know what goes into removing the battery. I made the bike start in any gear by cutting the wires going to the clutch lever right by the frame (I left about an inch) then I took a Wire nut and connected the two wires. Tape the wire nut up real good to keep it dry and you should be good to go. It's been a long time, but I'm 99% sure that was all I had to do. If removing the battery ends up being a pain in the ass you could always move the kill switch to a different spot on the bars and get a Ballistic Evo battery. They are small as Sh%t and don't weigh anything at all. I saw you ride FMX, but if you ever race, that magic button can save you time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I looked into removing it several times. I look at the benefit: Slight weight savings. I look at the cost: Butt load of time I don't have trying to remove wires, get it to work without them, finding a cover to go where starter was, etc.,....the result - I just ride it instead!! I have had no problems keeping up with all of my friends just fine dragging around a battery that's been dead for almost 2 years because the stock one wouldn't crank my stroker motor. Benefit does not outweigh the cost in time to me. Unless you really think its going to shave nano seconds off your lap time, or it really bothers you that much....just run it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.