PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to document the current build... its been a while but I am very excited to get back to building and racing some minis. I picked this up off FB and it had some goodies I thought I was going to use like the stock forks with the BBR springs and BBR rear shock spring, but then I got too amped up and ditched all the stock suspension components. End result is a 143 V2 roller rocker head engine with a Fastace front end and BBR Stock Comp with a DNM rear shock in the rear. I will fool with this setup for now and see how good I can get it.

I'm into the retro bikes lately too so I wanted to give this bike a little bit of a retro graphics kit with a Splitfire Kawasaki setup. My wife was able to re-design them up for me and we printed them ourselves through the printing company we run now so that was a bonus :)

Here are some build pics to check out. Can't wait to get this out to some M.O.M. events this year and build a new backyard track. Really missed riding the minis the last few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty good so far, took it down to Englishtown the other weekend when we got that break in the weather. Had 10X more fun on this than my 250F. I'll def be hitting up some M.O.M. events this coming year with it. I wish I had a hydraulic clutch but besides that it feels good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got one of me pushing it haha

View attachment 270741
Pretty much doing the same exact build now I have an L and was wondering I I needed to put the bigger block bbr provided or not. Just got the swing arm today. Gonna go elka in the back and FastAce in front how you like those forks? For the money I mean? I know they aren’t zokes but imagine my suspension guy can work with them a little.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Damn! Haven't seen you on here in awhile?? Bike looks good. I still have my '03 110's. I mostly ride the bigger play bikes though. A little off topic, but any real benefit to porting my CRF230F head if I'm only doing that and a cam with a pipe? Or just skip the port job and do the cam and pipe? --L*64

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty much doing the same exact build now I have an L and was wondering I I needed to put the bigger block bbr provided or not. Just got the swing arm today. Gonna go elka in the back and FastAce in front how you like those forks? For the money I mean? I know they aren’t zokes but imagine my suspension guy can work with them a little.
You don't need the block on the bbr swing arm with the L model. Just finished building mine last week with elka shock and ktm 65 front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don't need the block on the bbr swing arm with the L model. Just finished building mine last week with elka shock and ktm 65 front.
Ok thanks that’s what I was thinking good luck in the rest of your build looking good so far.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice build came alone sik. Im on my second build now got back in the scene 3 years ago man did I miss it. Here is my past build and my new build in the back that's getting flo orange plastics
20200216_084017.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
How u like the ktm forks compared to the zokes and u have anything done to them.
They are the AER of the 18. I like them. Let's me up the pressure when I ride and lower it down when one of my kids use it. All I had done was heavier oil and new seals. I am 170 and it handles jumps fine.
I have a set off a 03 ktm 65 on the side, cerakoted black (tree, fork, brake, wheel) I need to get rid of since I went with the ones off the 18.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts