PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone. I'm new to the pitbike world. I'm gunna build a klx110L. I'm gunna use it the 110 for woods riding and track riding. I'm looking to keep the motor stock and suspension stock. But what are the upgrades that I will need to have? I weigh bout 140lbs.

These are the mods that I'm gunna do for sure:

Pro Taper bars
Fmf 4.1 pipe
bbr rev box
rejet
uni air filter

What are the other mods that ill need?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Tall seat
you could re-gear it so its snappier if your not doing motor mods
I have had nothing but bad luck with Rev boxes... if you get one keep your old one handy IE bring it to the track with you.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Cradle is the same for all years. Not sure what type of trails, but I would recommend a skidplate that offers more protection than stock, such as a bbr skidplate. Your going to have. Bad day if you crush a brand new 4.1's header.

As for the uni filter, I would recommend not using a pod filter, it will be too exposed to the elements for trails, remove the air box snorkel and put in a good filter.

A chain guide, tall seat and bars would be my next recommendation.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Im about the same weight...I had 2" risers on mine, RSW clamps that I have for sale right now actually. Had I not parted that bike I would have kept them, they were phenomenal.

Anyway, exahust, risers/tall bars, fox float (trust me), aftermarket shifter, cradle, and maybe unbreakable levers and an aftermarket OTT, and pegs/mount.

First three mods I would do would be exhaust, risers/different bars, and a cradle.

Next would be fox float, shifter, and different pegs/mount.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm in the process of building mine up also.

The musts for track riding I would say are the basics - cradle mount, wider foot peg mounts and pegs, tall bars (and necessary cables), tall seat. That will make the bike much more fun and comfortable. As you can afford it, a shock and one stiffer fork spring. I say one only one spring because a lot of guys on here that are in the 150 lb. or less range say two is too stiff, and one stock spring with one HD spring feels great. I average 190 lbs and I use two HD fork springs. Haven't been able to get good time in on a track since I put them in but just from blasting on some trails there is a huge difference over stock. Can't wait to see how it is on a nice track.

For trails, definitely a heavy duty skid plate. The stock one doesn't offer much protection when it comes to logs and rocks. A nice addition would be an OTT pedal with a brake snake too. Sucks when your rear brake locks up because of a stick wedged between your brake pedal and peg mounts!

All the above should budget around $500 if you shop around for some good deals. The classifieds section here is great, tons of killer deals so I'd check that out first.

That should be good for making the bike more manageable and comfortable for you. As far as performance goes I would try the mods that were mentioned above before dropping a few more hundred on hard parts. There is a ton of threads about budget-blasting your bike to make it better! If you do get an intake and pipe make sure you've got a little time and at least a few main jets to play with your jetting to make things perfect. Tons of threads on proper jetting, along with great resources online to help you dial in your bike.

Good luck and keep us up to date! I'll be posting pics of mine soon!

By the way here is a great link for L owners. It is very resourceful for your build: http://planetminis.com/forums/klx110-drz110-ttr90/183939-2010-newer-klx110l.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.