PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
i purchased a clean 2008 klx 110 last night and was able to test run it before the purchase. It ran well but when I got home I noticed that the carb was a little wet so I was going to order a gasket set and tear it apart and clean it up. I then realized that the carb had been swapped with a cheap copy that has a manual choke on the carb and the original cable choke is missing. I want to get a better carburetor but I’m not sure the direction. If I get a factory carb then I would have to nickel and dime and get a choke cable, knob, etc. is there a better replacement for these little bikes that would run better and have a manual choke on the carb itself? A genuine dealer carb is $165 btw. I’ve been removed from dirt bikes for a while and my last was a 2 smoke so I didn’t pick up on the issue until it was too late.

·
Super Moderator
10,786 Posts
Welcome to Planet Minis......Keep your eye on the KLX classified section or post an ad in the parts wanted section. I am sure someone will have everything you need,
tmas

·
Super Moderator
10,096 Posts
Post up some pics of the carb you're having an issue with, it may be easy to repair or replace, depending upon which carb it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air box has been removed as well as choke cable. I didn’t think any different at a glance because the air filter set up looks identical to all the Chinese bikes. I didn’t realize there was supposed to be an air box or choke cable

·
Super Moderator
10,096 Posts
You could use one of THESE, one of THESE, and one of THESE. There is a rebuild kit and extra main and pilot jets readily available for the 20mm ShengWay carb I linked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know, let me rephrase it. The plastics and everything else were clean and the engine was nasty. I bought it cheap and mainly made sure it started, ran. Shifted, etc. it was dark by the time I arrived and all the mail focal points were clean and shined up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could use one of THESE, one of THESE, and one of THESE. There is a rebuild kit and extra main and pilot jets readily available for the 20mm ShengWay carb I linked.
Thank you. I’m familiar with Tbolt so I just looked these up and think I’ll go this route. I appreciate the time you took to link these for me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan on keeping it stock except for an air filter. I like the quietness so I am keeping the stock exhaust. I figured out that the carb that was on it matched part numbers with a coolster 125. I decided to order a genuine Keihin so I wouldn’t have to worry about it. Hopefully I’ll have it on this weekend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts